99 Chevy s10 v6 4.3l
I have a s10 v6 and it won't start. I turn the
key and radio turns on, and u can hear the
fuel pump priming but won't turn over. The
bolt on the battery isn't all the way screwed
in ddue to to long of bolt so lately I had to
wiggle the wire before starting the truck but
now it won't start, is the battery jus really
low and won't start cuz the lights on the
dash that light up is the battery emblem and
check engine light and the abs light but abs
is cuz we accidentally cut the wire wen
replacing the control arms other day but idk
where to start? Is it starter or alternater
What wire did you cut? A big 0g cable , like the size of your finger or some small wire? And you have to be talking about a side-post battery. Correct me if I am wrong there. But regardless it must be clean, no corrosion and tight
id start with repairing the battery cable ends and checking the other ends of the cables at the starter..probably ok and the engine grouns to the frame / engine/ body..then jump or charge/test battery/load test the battery and see if that helped...
Good afternoon Kelly. And Jester you can trust his advice, it's good
hi fordnut....yep, what wire was cut....
A small wire bout 14g brakes works fine its been cut for like a month and I been driving with it cut but yes its a side post battery, and I jus tried starting it and it started to turn over but didn't and the light for alarm was off and cable didn't have the ping sound of wen alarm is set so I think it's is cuz the battery wire isn't full tightened
Jester I think you answered your own question. If that cable is loose it will cause that. Your brakes will be fine, 100% safe to drive just not have ABS
I have lived with a sore post battery in my Corvette since 1969. Worst idea for a battery. It sounds like you do not have a solid connection and your battery is not getting charged. IF you jump start it, and it works doing that, 98% is the battery charge. The other 2% will have to do with the connection. Be careful because the side posts are lead, which is a soft material and can easily pull out of the battery. When I got a "for the life of the car" battery when JC Penney's had an auto repair shop, the tech went through 9, that is, nine, batteries before he finally got one not to pull out of the battery when connecting to the cable. Firestone took over J.C.P shops and no longer offered the life of the car batteries. Darn. The outside possibility would be a faulty charging system. It is easy to have it tested. AAA has a device to plug into the system and run a complete check of the system. The small wire may be a device to run something off the battery directly, like a radio, clock or alarm system. Battery are becoming expensive, and battery cables are not. Get a new one and put it on with a new battery is you change out the battery.
Ok I appreciate the help with that, now I have another issue I have an engine light on, and I have the code reader but I don't have away to look it up, hoping someone could help me.out and explain what's wrong and what i have to do to fix this issue, the code its giving off now is p0452
Looking for a Used S-10 in your area?
CarGurus has 1,574 nationwide S-10 listings starting at $1,399.
Search Chevrolet S-10 Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Chevrolet S-10 Experts