I get an occasional no start no crank symptom from my 2009 journey. It just leaves you stranded. Do you know the problem?

Asked by Jul 30, 2015 at 10:46 PM about the 2009 Dodge Journey SXT

Battery, starter, fob all are fine

Remove and clean battery terminals als check wire connections to starter making sure they are tight.

How do you know your key fob is good?

I have a New key fob...this problem of no start no crank is all over the internet but no-one has an answer to the problem. Is it the neutral safety switch?

The neutral safety switch, control the starter motor to run only in park or neutral if the neutral safety switch is bad you can see to kind of problem. 1 the engine crank in all gears or 2 the engine don't crank in any gear. simply don't crank. if your problem of the key fob is solve but you don't have crank you need to verify the batt condition, neutral safety switch, starter motor. but listen in this vehicle the starter motor is controlled by the pcm, if the pcm don't receive the signal from the key fob (anti theft) the pcm don't give the signal to the starter motor.

This problem is common with similar Chrysler ignitions even without key fobs. I've also read that it's not the starter or battery either. I don't wanna just throw money at it if nobody including dealers can figure it out. It's hard to believe there's no definite solution to be found, even with all the complaints

Did not say it was the starter the starter or battery just told them to check the connections to them.

When you go to start the car and you turn the key see one red light just a red point iluminate and then go off the system is good but if the light stay on you have a problem whit the theft system. When you go to start the car and turn the key and you don't see the check engine light on you have a problem with the "auto shutdown relay" . The check engine light in those car iluminate after you try to start the car, but if the light is not iluminating in the moment you turn the key you have a problem in the "auto shutdown relay". You can make a jump cable to prove. If you have a problem with the alternator to you have a problem in the PCM because the voltage regulator is inside the pcm and you maybe have a problem with the auto shutdown relay. You can do a prove with doing a jump wire in the auto shutdown relay if the car start you need to check the pcm.

Has anyone figured this problem out? I put in a new starter and the ignition recall but still has starting issues.

I am having the same issues.. anyone find out what is causing this?? I cannot wait to get rid of this truck. Smh.

I have had my 2009 Journey to the dealer 4 times with this same problem. I have noticed it happens mostly when raining or Temps in the 90's outside. The dealer has had my vehicle for over 3 weeks. I am driving their loaner 2016 Jeep Liberty. This morning my husband took his Ford F150 to do errands because the Jeep, for the 4th time in 3 weeks, won't start. Same thing as the Journey! I am very frustrated. No answers.

I bought a 2010 Dodge Journey and am having the same issues. I spoke with dodge and they said that they won't issue a recall unless more people start calling and complaining. There is no known solution to the problem but I think everyone needs to start calling and complaining. I know for a fact that they've had several complaints but apparently not enough. Let's flood them with calls! The number is 1- 800- 521- 9922

My 2010 Dodge Journey has the no start problem but it didn't start doing it until they did the recall for the ingnition switch. It also stalls when stopped in carpool line at school!