Loss of power on drivers side window, mirrors and locks but can roll down back windows

Asked by Oct 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM about the 2009 Dodge Journey SXT

2009 journey sxt 40 thou miles just
out of warranty took to dealership for
ko7 recall and didn't fix the problem I
have no control over door locks
windows or mirrors from drivers side
except back windows all windows
work from there own switches any
ideas a lot of people are saying they
wasted money on master switch and
it still didn't work and if it was master
I wouldn't be able to roll down back
windows from driver door would I?
It's dead silence no noise of any kind
when pushing buttons so windows
can't be off track please help I have
checked fuses all good

195

Look at where the Door joins the body, some cars have a large molex connector rather than a continual wire harness going into door. Check to make sure its fitting together properly and snapped shut. When these start coming apart options controlled from the door start to quit one at a time usually.

110

try this disconnect your battery and wait 5 min then connect everything back it works for me

220

I don't think they changed out your door wiring harness. I had the same problem on my 09 (it was on the K07 recall list) After much searching, I purchased the K07 recall wiring kit, CBJ1K072AA Door Wiring Harness Package (with power windows express up/down feature / sales code JSC). With no express up/down the number changes to xxxxxxxx1AA . These are readily available online at a big discount as "old stock". I paid under $30 plus shipping. You get both sides. Taking the inner door panel off can be a bit of a chore but my local body shop installed it for $50. They now work perfectly.

220

Meant to say - it was Not on the recall list

90

it is a programing issue if someone could tell me how to re-program it it would work again the guy at the grocery store key fob place reprogramed it and it work only to go out a month later it has happened 3 times but i don't live near the place anymore

You need a D.B.R a chrysler only item

50

same symptoms on a 2009 dodge grand caravan . I disconnected the battery for 5 mins as paxan200618 recommend it and everything its back up and running. Nicely done, thank you

20

Battery disconnect did not work for me

Michael had the best answer and I run into broken wires is the rubber boot between the body and door. Especially dodge products.

**inside** stupid phone

40

Omg I'm having the same problem, did you find a solution

60

Battery trick worked for me but need to disconnect the negative ground to kill power not the posive. I did the positive and found accessors still had power i. Work under5 the hood not at the battery

20

I disconnected the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes & it worked like a charm. Good thing too because my wife didn't want to drive to work on a cold morning with the window half open.

60

On my 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan sxt, the Wiindow Module went bad. The driver side window switches, locks, and mirrors did not work. First I replaced the driver side control, still didn't work, then traced it back to this window control module. Have to take the door panel off to get to it

60

Disconnect the negative side wait for 5 minutes worked for me

60

Tried the battery disconnect and it didn't work. Replaced the switch and still no go. Seemed to be related to the key fob. Help...

60

Have you replaced the window module?

40

Help.... Having the same issue. First it was the mirror control and front windows control on driver windows. Now the driver control doesn't work at all. Also both back window controls won't work either. The only window control that works is the front passenger window and only from the passenger control. TIA

40

Oh forgot to add that we tried the battery reset but no luck.

10

2009 Dodge Caravan same problem. No windows, locks or mirrors. Disconnected the battery, reconnected it and back in business.

190

Had the same issue, replaced the wiring harness for the door worked for a year now the same thing again. Bought another door wiring harness still does not work, disconnected the battery still no driverside door control. WTF

10

Tried the diconnect of battery..didn't work and now my ac doesn't work!! Any other suggestions??

I drove around for 6 months with the driver side window not working. only rear windows worked from driver side. all other windows worked by the individual switch. I could not be bothered to fix the POS that I have driven for over 8 years and only a 150K on it. then today for some reason the driver side window was all the way down and would not go back up. read comments above and disconnected negative from battery for 5 minutes and it worked !! thanks !! Steve/Toronto

Battery thing didn’t work for me. Shoot! Any other suggestions gurus? ;) Phil-Beamsville

My 2008 dodge grand carvan nothing works from the switch on driver side but back windows open just fine help me