My 2009 pontiac vibe wont start. Its always hesitating to start prior to this. What could be the problem. And the battery is good

Asked by Dec 11, 2013 at 09:43 AM about the 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT

1,465

Need to know what sound it makes when you try and start it. Is it one click and nothing? Probably starter. Does it turn over a few times and slow down progressively until it does nothing? Probably battery. Even if battery is new it could be bad. Cold weather and hot weather are batteries worst enemies. If you turn key and no sound at all but all the gauges and lights work perfect without being dimmed then maybe ignition cylinder problem which I would be shocked to see on a 2009 unless your key ring has 40 lbs of keys and keychains on it.

Best Answer
1,465

Oh, btw when shopping for batteries I would suggest finding the one with the longest FREE REPLACEMENT warranty, not pro rated. As the saying goes "they don't make things like they used to". Sear's DieHards used to be really good, now they would be one to avoid. Walmart batteries are also not as reliable. O'Reileys and Interstate batteries are very good generally. If you have the money get an Optima, check the production year first though as they are expenssive most auto parts stores have the same ones on shelf for years. If its over a year old as per sticker on it, don't buy it. I used to do roadside/battery service for AAA, definately learned a lot hahaha.

3,965

John, I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. Have you had a chance to have your GM dealership look into this concern? Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com. Erica Tiffany GM Customer Care

45

If your vehicle has will not start it is of course either electrical, or fuel. If it was hesitating before the battery was replaced, could have been the battery, but other items to replace would be the spark plugs, their harnesses and possibly the starter has gone bad. I would replace all the spark plugs 1st, if this does not fix this problem I would have your starter tested. Fuel problems could be a whole host of problems, is there a check engine light? Have your computer checked it might pinpoint the problem~

1,465

I agree with Thomas, wouldn't be a bad idea to scan it. Could take a bit before check engine light comes on. If its an uncommon problem the ECU should have something to say about it.

30

I have a 2009 Pontiac vibe and I shade 3 recalls on it 2 months ago it was my window switch, floor matt I forgot the 3rd one but I just received a letter in the mail saying something about my steering wheel but just two days ago my car was running fine then it completely shut off I tried to start it up n it wouldn't start then tried it again n I heard like a little popby my bbattery and fuse box so I had tried to jump it ,it wouldn't do nothing then tried it again then it gave a little power on dash then completely wasn't doing nothing a friend of mines checked the fuses and there was a fuse blown n it was cracked like broken he had got it out but he told me when we tried to put new fuses in the one that broke doesn't have no metal inside the component the grips the fuse and that I have to get a whole new fuse box because he took his new battery out his car n my car still didn't start no sound at all so I went and paid for a whole new fuse box thats located under the hood by the battery I hope that was the problem because I'm making car payments threw a bank and purchased my car from a by here pay here financing car lot and I only had it for 9 months

30

Trying to see how I can also attach this to where other people can see this and give me there personal opinion

Dreama if you're making payments to a bank then you didn't purchase at a "buy here pay here"