I have a 2009 Pontiac Vibe that will not start about 6 or 7 times a year.
• If you let it set for 20 minutes it will start and run perfectly.
• It does not put on the check engine light or any other light.
• Does not put any codes in the computer.
• It does not matter if it’s the first start of the day or the last, or if it was in the garage or outside.
• When you try to start it will only start for a second then quit.
• It has the 1.8 L engine.
• It happened for the first time about 3 years ago and then it was about 6 months before it happened, but it’s been getting more frequent.
"When you try to start it will only start for a second then quit." --- My Pontiac does that then the Security light comes on. You didn't mention any flashing Security light in your all inclusive and well written description but it could be something lurking in the murky shadows.
No flashing Security light either, I even tried using the spare key, thinking it may be the security system.
Sorry, no help. I did find a Pontiac Vibe forum. Maybe some owners have experienced it and can advise - http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/
Looking for a Used Vibe in your area?
CarGurus has 792 nationwide Vibe listings starting at $1,800.
Search Pontiac Vibe Questions
Pontiac Vibe Experts
Related Models For Sale