starter

Asked by Jun 28, 2011 at 04:46 PM about the 1968 Volkswagen 1600 Fastback

I just purchased and it doesn't start. Owner says put in a rebuilt 7 months ago. Do I
need another new starter or do you think there is an underlining issue
Signed a non mechanical  "girl"

15

Listen for a "click" out of the starter when you hit the key. If the solenoid isn't activating (no sound at all), you likely have a wiring issue. Either a loose ground or a bad power cable. If you hear any sort of noise from the starting when turning the key, you have a bad starter. They are pretty easy to remove and any auto parts store will test them for free.