2008 Lincoln Town Car Signature L Leaning

Asked by Nov 07, 2014 at 07:56 PM about the 2008 Lincoln Town Car Signature L

I have a 2008 Lincoln Town Car Signature L that is leaning to one side (passenger side
is lower) and it is driving me crazy! It's to the point that the 1 out side edge of the tire is
getting eaten up. Took to Lincoln Dealership and they said module needed
reprogramming, picked up after they reprogrammed it, still leaned! Took back when I
had some more time and their suspension guy was around to tell me that the front coil
spring was fatigued.... Replaced BOTH front coil spring with brand new Monroe Quick
Strut/Coil Assemblies..... Still Leaning! Replaced Air Springs/bags, Still Leaning.....
Replaced Solenoids..... Still Leaning!!!! Drivers side rear is too high, Passengers Side
Rear is too seems to be right height. With the drivers side rear being so high, it is
actually pushing down passengers front so low that the tire actually rubs the inner
fender. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I am at a loss, and apparently flushing
money down with the perplexed dealership is becoming pointless now. PLEASE HELP!
I want to put new tires on this thing, but I want to have it fixed prior. THANKS IN

First thing to do would be get rid of the air bag,s,these cause the issue with the lincoln,s,,controlled by the ecm,and pretty much doe,s as it want,s.

Appreciate your opinion, however it is not an option to get rid of air ride. I would like to fix the problem. Thanks!

Well,if you want to repair the issue,and quit spending money on thing,s that dont fix the issue,have the air ride control module repaired,it is the brain of the lincoln air ride,and the first thin i would have looked into.

Here is your problem,being you done replaced every thing else,

This will fix your issue, have replaced many of them,only to have them go out,right after the warranty go,s on them,then i would remove bag,s and put new regular struts and shock,s around it,and ride,s just like it did,and a lot cheaper than that module,but,,good luck with it.

FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!! It has nothing to do with the suspension front or rear. Just for S's and G's, I took it to my body guy to check for frame issues and he found the problem to be the effing BODY MOUNTS!! The whole right side of the car has bad/completely compressed body mounts! Has anybody ever heard of this for a car that is only 6 years old and never been in an accident and spent its whole life in the Limo Business in Houston until recently in Missouri..... This is mind boggling! Just thought I would let you all know. KRAZY!

Still going through the same problem but I've found that incompetent front end alignment shop failed to torque the control arm bushings after the first alignment (slipped) and their second chance. I left with them saying that it's "just the way it is". Well, after I replaced the lowers, uppers, tie rod ends, etc. I delivered it with a note that said "everything" was loose and ready for alignment. It was back after two weeks. I decided to raise it, take the wheels off, and redo the connections on the rubber joints. Right side lower control arm had "rotated" in its saddle and stayed there. Both sides I loosened with a 10" crescent and they should've been torqued to 166 ft.lbs. Lame mechanic Now I'll take it to an alignment shop, again, and explain what I want done. Loosen everything, again, drive it to normalized the control arm joints, verify the car is level, adjust camber & caster, and bill me. Highly rated shop in Gloucester, Va. is obviously overrated. Oh, and I like to ad that when I picked up the car I told the owners brother (long time employee) that I hoped that they loosened the lower control arm bushing bolts and "set" the elevation before torquing the bolt. He said "They didn't need to loosen that bolt". Well, you can't adjust the camber without loosening that bolt!