Anyone having problems with dashboard cracks on Infiniti vehicles ??

10

Asked by Sep 26, 2015 at 08:08 AM about the 2008 Infiniti M35 Base

I have a 08 Infiniti M35S with a dashboard that is showing signs of
deterioration. In the last month the dash has developed soft spots and several
cracks have appeared in scattered areas all over the its top and along seams.    
Infiniti acknowledges the problem and has extended the warranty to 8 years
on their FX models and will replace the dashes for free but don't offer that for
any of their other models.

222,895

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c7908_ds559376

40,245

Our 2009 G37X is still good.

I do not have any issues. I had an 06 and I got it detailed every three months so that may have helped.

10

I also have a 08 Infiniti M35S with many long cracks along the seams on my dashboard. Noaamore have you done anything to repair your dish board?

40

I too have had serious issues with the dashboard on a 2007 infiniti M35. I noticed approximately one year ago markings on my dash and a small sticky spot in the drivers side dash. Then cracking begun and now there is a very large sticky shiney area. As of today the same is starting in the passenger side dash. I visited Infiniti in Austin about a month ago and they said it was due to something that I used on the car. Ha!!! Guess that have not done and Infiniti Quality check on the web. This is quite an issue and I have seen worse pictures of their product and it is only going to get worse. There currently is a law suit underway , class action in Florida going to trial in July this month about this exact problem. Found it in 10 seconds online when I put in the problem I am having. I do not see how to post pictures here but I am just getting started and am shocked what I am finding about this issue.

10

I bought my 08 M35 used in from a Cadillac dealer near Ft Ladurdale Fl. It was in perfect condition inside and out. Only had 24k mi. A couple years ago I began with the EXACT problem you are having. I talked with several Infiniti dealers about it to no avail. Apparently the problem is worse the the Infiniti FX. Infinity extended The warranty to 7 years for the dash in those models. No extension for the M's. Hopefully the lawsuit is successful . The alternative is to fork out over $1600 to Infiniti to replace the dash.

30

Just got recall notice today about the front passenger air bag inflator housing may rupture due to the cracking and deploy abnormally resulting in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants causing serious injury or death. NHTSA recall 16v-349

40

Recall to fix your dash? Do you have m35 2007? mine is getting more slick looking and sticky now on the passenger side as well....thank you.

30

Yep 2007 m35

80

I have a 2006 M35 and my dash board is cracked all over. I have contacted Infiniti consumer affairs on the 02/23/2016 and 08/04/2016. They don't consider this issue a safety factor so therefore they will not fix the problem. I would encourage everyone to contact consumer affairs and create a case#. The number is 1-800-662-6200. The more complaints the better off we will be.

I have an '07 M35 and my dash is a mess. I really like my car and the maintenance dept. in Tampa is fantastic compared to BMW, but I won't be buying another Infiniti because of this. We've had 2 Hyundai's, a Ford, 2 BMWs and a Chevy and we have never had a problem with any dashes on those cars.

20

I have a 06 M35, I have the same problems. I am hoping the passenger airbag recall will make them replace it. Otherwise it was priced over $2000.

80

Just to let everyone know I currently working on finding a lawyer that can give me advise on class action lawsuits. Toyota currently has a recall on the dash and they are replacing them. I don't understand why Infiniti will not do the same.

40

Thank you! I would like to know what you find out. I want my replaced at their expense. They deny there is a problem and blame the owner for damaging the dash. Unbelievable really! Will not be able to sell a car with a defective dash .

20

I have an 08 G37, my dash is a mess, sticky and cracking you can not even clean it everything sticks to it. I have contacted Infinti, they say there is no recall and offered no assistance except to say a dash who be around 2000 to replace.

40

That is just what mine is doing on both sides of the dash. It is a mess. My infiniti dealership offered no replacement . Said it was my fault something I put on it. Guess they think I can not Google! They are no help and the company should be held accountable for putting out a defective product. If you hear of any class action suits started I would like to be a participant.

30

Guys here is the letter I received.

40

I do not see your letter.

30

I can see it in the post, but here is another upload...

80

I just wanted to give everyone a picture of my cracked dash and I really take go care of my car.

80

Second Picture

80

Third Picture

30

Go here fellas and put in your vin# http://www.infinitiusa.com/recalls- vin#/

I received the same letter. That only addresses the air bag, nothing about the dash.

30

You're absolutely right Ruth. #Goldstar

20

I was told by a dealer if the dashboard is cracked they would have to replace it when they replace the airbag...hope it is true.

I've got a 2008 M35 with only 33k - - always garage kept. My dash is cracking too...

80

I can't believe they refuse to acknowledge its a a major problem. We paid to much money for these cars.

mberns70 have a 2007 M45 with cracks in dashboard -how is class action suit going -Bonita Springs Infiniti refuses to help even though they sold me the car &I have owned 6 infinitis this is last.

I'm hoping when I take mine in for the airbag replacement that the dash cannot be ignored - - if you touch it it will crack - - good luck getting the airbag out without disturbing my delicate and flawed dash!

20

I didn't have any noticeable issues with the dash on our 08 M45, other than a small scratch near the cluster hump and kept covered with a nice dash mat to preserve it. However now forever marred after the airbag recall notice and the dealership's handy work. They have to get pretty invasive to get to the passenger side bag. The pic shows the left & right side of the center bezel that houses the center speaker. You can see where it was pried up on both sides collapsing the foam and vinyl covering, looks pretty ugly now and the dealer service dept wrote it off as "It was like that when you brought it in", period and told me to take it up with corporate if I had a problem with their post work outcome! That's not including some cuts/scrapes in dash bottom of the info screen were they dragged some parts in and out of dash. Guess I had two options, worry about an potentially dangerous exploding airbag or depreciate the value of the cosmetics of the dash.

20

the left side post airbag recall replacement

I have 2007 Infiniti M 35 the dash is cracked both driver side and passenger side called Infiniti told me it was out of warranty told me to negotiate with dealership to fix for half-price have not done that yet I am going to call infinity customer affairs and complain and hope that the class-action suit in Florida makes infinity realize they need to replace the dashboard I'm trying to sell my car and with the crack – it's almost impossible