2008 chryler crossfire automatic headlight wont work

Asked by Sep 18, 2014 at 08:56 AM about the 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited Roadster

When I turn to automatic on headlight wont turn on what could be the problem

405

I have never seen a Crossfire with Automatic headlights. That was not an option. The switch has two positions to the left for parking lights (L & R) then two to the right 1st being running lights. 2nd being all lights and if you pull the switch out the first "Click" is the front fog lights and the 2nd is for the rear fog (Europe only) Join us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/2211655775/ or on the Crossfire Forum http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/ Michael Harding - SRQFUN

Sorry I mean when I turn the switch to the left to set Otto the position a night where you dontneedto turn on the light without having toturnthem on they won't come on I have to turn on the switch all the way to the right then they come ondoes it haves sensor

405

EXTERIOR LIGHTS Headlights and Parking Lights When the headlight switch is turned clockwise from OFF to the first position, the parking lights, taillights, side marker lights, license plate lights and instrument panel lights are all illuminated. The headlights turn on when the switch is turned to the second position. These are the two positions to the left. Standing Lights When the vehicle is parked on the street, the standing lights (left or right side parking lights) can be turned on, making your vehicle more visible to passing vehicles. To operate the standing lights, turn the headlight switch counterclockwise one stop (right lamps) or two stops (left lamps) from the OFF position. To turn off the standing lights, return the headlight switch to the OFF position. The standing lights cannot be operated when the ignition switch is in the ON/RUN position.

405

The above is copied from the owners manual. There is no Auto lights on the Crossfire that came from the factory. I fully understand the concept since we have four Cadillacs and a Town & Country Limited with automatic lights. I hope this helps. Have you checked the Crossfire forum http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/ and please join us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/2211655775/

10

Looking to purchase a used Chrysler crossfire, 2007-2009 What are some the problems this car has had I've, engine, or electronics ?

I have a 2004 model and I have to say the crossfire is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned, the only problem I ever had with this vehicle was the fan going out at about 125k which was to be expected with that many miles. The crossfire is still a head turner till this day with its unique design I get stopped all the time so people can asked what is it, or can I take a picture with it, it's truly one of a kind. In conclusion mines has about 175k on it and has only been to the shop once in its life, it still drives just as it did when I pulled it off the lot, very durable, and super reliable vehicles.