2008 dodge ram 2500 hemi clutch....

Asked by Apr 13, 2017 at 06:27 PM about the 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD

I have a brand new clutch, pressure plate and a
resurfaced flywheel. I have a lot less pressure
when I push the clutch in now and it grabs much
faster than before.... I also changed the master and
slave cylinders too. I'd like to adjust the clutch so
that if I move my foot barley it don't try to launch
into traffic. All I've been seeing is for the Cummins
motor and unfortunately it don't help. I also do not
have a bleeder on the line and I see no
adjustments with the pedal. So if you can help I
would greatly appreciate it! Also the truck makes a
small funny sound when I'm in neutral. Kinda
sounds like the teeth when your turning the
clutches to line up with the crank housing..... any
ideas?

27,795

clutch is too tight .did you get a finger or diaphram pressure plate with the right throw out bearing,..they are different...if there not a threads adjustment on the slave rod ( long or shorter) under the truck??? may not be...if its the sealed system.......... the only thing do do is make a 1/8 " spacer or 2 and slip them in between the slave face and the bell housing..also//the cluch peddel should engage further up or release higher as you put some miles on it or you can try and slip the cluch some to set/burn it in..

104,215

I would expect it too have some grabbing problems until it is seated in usually that goes away within about a hundred miles, as far as the noise it could be the throw out bearing riding on the fingers of the pressure plate, hopefully it will also go away in that hundred miles, if not then your going to have to go back in and see if you got a bad throwout bearing. You did replace the pilot bearing while you were that far right?

75,525

Its a matter of bleeding the clutch system more. Clutch systems are a b*tch to bleed out. There are some good videos on you tube on bleeding out a clutch.

There isnt anything to bleed the system and I'm not sure about the finger diaphragm piece. I'm afraid it is the throw out bearing. But I may have to put washers in to add space to give me more clutch. The transmission has plenty of fluid also so I know it's not dry. Any other helpful ideas?? I'm so lost on what else to look for.. thanks for the help so far though!

104,215

The fingers are part of the pressure plate, the throw out bearing pushes on them when you push the clutch pedal to release the clutch, so if the bearing is not fully released it rides on the fingers making noise and wears it out prematurely. There were a few of those that had an adjustment on the clutch pedal rod where it went through the firewall, I don't know if yours has one but it might be worth a look. If it does it needs to be backed off at least 3 turns, possibly more.

Ok awesome thanks! I'll take a stable at backing it off a little and see if that helps. After I changed the master cylinder on the firewall and I got it connected to my clutch pedal it felt more "sturdy" I guess you could say. I know before I grabbed it is could pull my clutch pedal up towards me and move it around a lot more. Nowe I can't move it but straight in like it's supposed to.... I'm no mechanic or anything but I do try to pay attention to things as I take it apart and put it back together lol. But if these problems persist then I'm afraid I'm gonna have to go to a shop...... I work as a emt, we don't make a lot at all so this was already a pricey purchase. But thanks again guys!