Nissan Teana (Altima) 2008 250XE won't start

55

Asked by May 26, 2016 at 04:38 PM about the 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5

My Nissan Teana (Altima) 2008 250XE developed a problem of starting. Firstly, it burned the gasket and the head of which got repaired by mechanic and engineer and the vehicle started moving. After taking a long drive around the city, the car stopped when backing home. What happened is that after climbing a low hill on the highway, the speedometer dropped from 100 to 0 (zero) and could not accelerate anymore even when I pressed the accelerator. It stopped and I parked it at the side of the highway. It had to be toward back home. The mechanic has been working on it but no success, changed battery but no success. Also, the temperature gauge is not indicating. It won't start at all. What can I do or what is your suggestion?

1,475

Sounds like a combination of problems... first have you checked the starter? The starter will help the car to start. The issue with the car driving then dying sounds like a couple of issues, either the ECU failed, or the transmission failed, or a ground wire was not attached correctly. have your engineer check these items out. good luck

Best Answer
55

Hi CtRacer_x, I am glad for your response to my problems. I have not checked the starter yet cause I don't know how to. It's my first car. I will tell the mechanic to check it out first thing today morning when he arrives. What can be done about the ECU, transmission fluid? I will tell the mechanic to check the ground wire too. I appreciate your help.

55

i also tried to jump start but no success

1,475

If the ECU has failed… You will need a new one. You won't be able to jumpstart the car if the starter has failed, you'll need a new starter! If the transmission has failed you will need a new transmission, and fluid…

55

OK. I will try your suggestions from today morning and see if it works.

55

How do I know if ECU has failed?

1,475

Given that the car seems to have just shut off, the problem could be an ECU failure. Although not likely, given your description of the problem, there is a possibly that the issue is not just mechanical

55

Where do I purchase another ECU and how much?

1,475

Lets make sure the transmission and starter are good before buying an ECU. If the ECU is toast you should be able to snag one from ebay

55

The starter has been checked and is OK. We are charging the battery to check the transmission. I also diagnosed and found that the BCM has an error and also IBCM has error too.

1,475

Did you have the fault codes read??? Usually when you have BCM errors, either you have a bad ECU or the transmission has failed.

55

It seems now it's the battery. I have tried with a battery of 80 and it started bit because I had not reconnected the fuel joint, I stopped the engine but the battery died again. It had already started the engine but seems battery charge must be at least 12.7+ to start engine. The transmission is OK since it spurt out at the connection while I tried to start. So what I have done is to take my two batteries old and new one for charging till tomorrow morning and try again. Hope this will help. This car is 2.5xe and seems it needs a lot of charge to start after repairs and given the fact that it's cold maybe the temperature is contributing. Waiting for tomorrow. Or what's your say?

1,475

But you advised that the car was running then shut off, right?? After charging the battery start the car, and pull the negative terminal-- if the car shuts off, you need an Alternator

55

Yes, it did but unfortunately it spurted the petro on the mechanic since we had not returned the joint back, so we had to switch off the car first. I wish I had done that before testing and leave the car running to see what happens when I disconnect the neg terminal. But I will do it in the morning. I appreciate your help. Am also being advised by a guy in the http://justanswer.com Mr Matt - a nissan mechanic. Will see what happens in the morning.

55

See engine foto

55

The new battery I bought.

1,475

Hey this motor is the 2.5l v6- you sure you don't have an XV!? Also, fuel squirting!? Why did they remove the injectors?!

55

The car

55

The injector was removed to troubleshoot transmission. Yes it is a V6.

55

What is XV?

55

It's my first car so I don't know much.

55

It's Nissan Teana J32 250XE

55

2008