Hello, is it possible to ruin the radio/cd/navigation unit in a F150 Supercrew Larriat truck by leaving the truck run for 2.5 hours? Last Monday we had freezing rain so I proceeded to start the vehicl
leaving the truck run for 2.5 hours unattended. You see, we had freezing rain last Monday I walked out with some employees and thought I should start and let it warm up. I went back into the shop, got busy and forgot about it. Now here's the strange thing, when I opened the door it was like a blast furnace. The seats were molten hot, could not touch the dash above the radio unit, now the screen is gray and no controls work at all. You can not turn the radio off only turn it down, only have one station, that's the one that was on. The controls on my steering wheel are non-functional as well for volume and select. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? A real bone head mistake, from now on I'll set a timer on my phone. I hope someone will answer this for me. Just can't believe there isn't a switch that would guard against this overheating, I honestly think it could of melted right where it sat. My bad....Jerry
Sounds like you melted the insualtion off some of the wiring behind the dash or the equipment itself. Hard to diagnose, you'll need to probe all your wires, connectors and equipment. Not an easy task, and very time consuming.
Search Ford F-150 Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Ford F-150 Experts