2008 4 cylinder (Sound System)

45

Asked by Jul 18, 2008 at 11:35 PM about the 2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX

Maybe it's just my car, but the sound system kinda stinks...anyone else notice how "flat" it sounds? There's no real
equalizer to make more than cursory adjustments. Music has no depth, it's all midrange---no clear treble and if
you adjust the bass upwards from the middle it becomes very muddy. Not only that, but the radio doesn't seem to
have any signal strength...meaning, most of the time stations that I have taken for granted for years, all of a
sudden are fading in and out while playing in this car. Does anyone out there have similar issues and/or ways of
addressing them? I adore this car and other than the limited ability to view out the back windows when lane
switching I have no complaints---heck, I am regularly getting close to 30 mpg---and I travel back roads about
95% of the time, even during winter months in Northern New England the gas mileage was 29 mpg.

could be that you have a bad raido,car raidos have come a long way in the past few years.you may want to read your owners manual on the functions of the raido features.

45

Thanks, naturally I did look at the manual and attempted to alleviate the problem which is why I resorted to posting my question here. I guess I will take advantage of the warranty and bring it to the dealership. I appreciate the rapid response, thank you!

35

dude, its the factory sound system...of course it gonna suck. replace the front and rear speakers to get more definition. the speakers output is 15W while the head unit outputs 15x4 RMS.

45

Dude, the crummy speakers wouldn't explain the problem with the continual radio static...

425

It could just be a bad connection to the antannae(sp). i'd say that under a warranty the best thing to do is get it looked at.And as for the quality, try researching sound systems at places like best buy, circuit city, ultimate electronics etc depending on where you live. Hope this helps

10

i know you just spend 26k on the car and i love the car too, the sound system is stock which mean 10 dollar speakers and 45 dollar head unit, if you have the 200 xta dollars go buy 4x 60 watt basic sony speakers and a basic 100 dollar headunit like a pioneer, when you install it the antenna is in the back of the head unt, switch it out with a new one (20 dollars at best buy) and you should be in good shape. My cousin had the same problem with the muddy sound and bad recption, he bought what i told you to buy and it sounds like something on pimp my ride, aka AMAZING! if you wanna spend the money its the best way to get what you want for under eh 320 dollars.

155

hah, Sony car stereo equipment is garbage.

5

FIRST OFF DONT get sony speakers or pioneer decks.... and dont go to circuit city or best buy, go to a REAL audio private business, with a good rep.. my car sterio sucks and had the same problem,,, and to get "pimp my ride" quality you get what you pay for. at least a grand for everything, new heavy duty fuse , capasitor, amp , subs, deck , and 4 speakers. i did all that and got 2 12in. JL subs with a 1200 watt amp for about a grand . then if your not good at install figure like 500 more. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME your gonna wana upgrade it if it A> doesnt blow or B> doesnt satisfy u. anyone live in queens? looking to start a crew

5

Bestbuy isn't bad and for my system is a jvc nav. deck 2 12'' mtx thunder 9500 in box with mtx thunder amp all came to about 500$

2,395

i work at honda and one of the most common reasons for the fadingin and out is window tint... if you have your windows tinted thats the prob...

I got my 2007 Honda Accord coupe my car was stocked with 6 1/2 in pioneers in front and two 6 by 9 in back but do to the radio only giving off the 10 mwh the speakers were to pulled to much energy from them so the speakers after a while would crack and stop working. My best bet for yall is replace the radio because the transmission is so weak also check your amp package with the car because your speakers could be pulling to much power which will distort your music and make your speakers fail in the end.

105

Many autos have an amp built in the factory system, 99 Tahoe, you have to run a bypass wire from the dash to the amp to turn it on so the rear speakers will work at all, and this is true on many many new autos look up metra products and you can see is your auto requires a special wire harness from auto to pybass the factory wiring, Metra makes some very good products.. also be sure all speakers are correct for neg and positive, and that all connection are tightly crimped... New cars have some great sound systems.. but if your looking for the thumping bass add an amp/subs and wire from the rear deck speakers down to some subs...be sure to fuse your main 10ga wire coming from 12v ... and I always put a cut off switch on blue remote wire and install near dash so you can shut amp.. there are many correct ways to install, but 2007 is probably old enough and if moisture has gotten to the head unit, it's done.. You can get a good blue tooth and upgrade the entire head unit and have a way to drive and talk safe and use your phone for tunes.

105

if you have steering wheel controls you will also need an interface if you want them to work with an aftermarket stereo, if you change from the factory unit. depending on the year....ck with the dealer..or you can hook up aftermarket and not use steering wheel controls, but I like it to be as close to stock as possible with correct wire kits.