temperature Gauge

20

Asked by Oct 07, 2013 at 10:02 PM about the 2008 Jeep Wrangler X

This year i've replaced a waterpump, had a computer reset & replaced the temperature sensor.  i can not remember how my gauge sate when i first purchased the vehicle.  When i start my vehicle it goes straight up to the center mark on the guage in less than a mile and sits there.  I THOUGHT that it used to sit on the mark that was marked 1/2 between the C on the left side of gauge and straight up middle mark.  Is this where the red needle should be at all times - is straight up on the middle line?

5,660

Did you replace the thermostat? are you getting heat? Sounds to me like you are running a normal temp. Most do run inbetween the C and the H

put the a/c on and watch the temperature quickly rise...if it does NOT do that would wonder about the accuracy....also a cold start should show C...nothin' but C...okay~?

5,660

Roy it happens after he drives it less than a mile so it is allready getting warmed up

93,055

Your best bet is to get a code reader that has a live data setting and watch the temp sensor reading compared to the gauge reading, that should tell you if the gauge is not accurate or you have an heat problem.

Ronzone, the thermostat hasn't time to open up...you want it slighty more than the middle before she opens~

make yourself a cup of tea, and drop the t-stat in and see if it buckles open...if no replace~

20

Thank you all very much. The thermostat has not been replaced. In March i took it for a tuneup, they replaced teh water pump and that computer reset. Shortly after that the check engine light (which went off and on) stayed on at all times then the electronic throttle control was coming off and on and a noise like a fan was kicking on and the temp gauge dropping to C. I was told the temperature sensor valve, so that was replaced about a week and 1/2 ago. Then I noticed in less than a mile the needle sat straight in the middle. It doesn't appear to run hot, i just want to make sure I am not missing something and i don't recall it doing that before, it may have, i just want to make sure I am not missing something. Thank you all very much!

Thermostats are like ten bucks...just draining a bit of coolant to replace it is kindO a hassle~

get one~