My low beam light keeps going out on my car replaced three times. Can I ground that headlight wire to make it work?

Asked by Jun 28, 2015 at 07:22 PM about the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Change connector going to head light maybe getting a bad connection.

You can't touch the glass part of the bulb assembly. If you do the oils from your skin create hot spots on the bulb and cause very premature burn out. HTH. -Jim

Check the car's alternator charging voltage. If the same bulb keeps burning out the alternator may be putting too much voltage. Voltage measured at the battery engine running should be 13.8 to 14.6 volts. Also Jim is correct, touching today's bulbs with bare fingers may cause them to soon fail. If you do touch one, use rubbing alcohol and clean the glass surface of the bulb to remove the oils from your fingerprints.

Mine the socket keeps burning out. Like mark asked can you ground them??

You may need to install a new pig tail. Loose connections can cause burnout.

My passenger side low beam light has went out 2 times, what can it be

I was having the same problem. my passenger dim bulb kept going out every 2 weeks and turns out the turn signal multifuction switch was causing the problem

I have a 2012 Chevy Malibu and the passenger headlight keeps going out. Not burning out, but quits working! I changed the bulb about 5 times before I realized that it wasn’t burning out. All the other lights on that side work fine. A few times I could tap on the headlight assembly and it would come back on. I took it apart and found that the plastic connector was broken and shorted out, so I ordered a new wiring harness that goes from the ground wire split to the headlight assembly, put it together and it worked fine for 2 days and went out again. I took the front end off AGIAN and unplugged the bulb and plugged it back in and it works fine again. I have checked all the wires and the ground screw and can’t find a problem.

I have the same issue. Weird that we all have an issue with the passenger side low-beam. I changed the headlight Nov 5th and again on new years day. It is out again but not always. This morning I hit a bump in the road and it came back on. So frustrating since it's so much work to get to the bulb. I will be trying to change the pigtail this weekend if it's warm enough out. Gotta love having a headlight out every few weeks in Minnesota winter

Maybe time to contact the Chevrolet? Strange we are all having the same exact problem. Go to WWW.NHTSA.GOV to report issue. If enough people report, they may issue a recall.

same issue here 2009 malibu, always the passenger side. High beam fine. Chevy replaced the pigtail, still going out