is a good car?

Asked by Aug 31, 2008 at 07:07 PM about the 2008 Audi S8 5.2 Quattro

Enter question here...            

85

well audi's in general are wonderful driving automobiles, they are also prestigious. However they are very high maint. So to ansewer your question, yes, the s8 is a good car, in the fact that it performs well and is safe as they come, but it is very likely that the s8 will be in the shop more than your driveway.

3,145

soo soo true a lot of people on here dont agree with me when i say the are garbage but i only mean that they require more maintenance to fix then you will be able to actually drive it plus the bill for it will be astronomical.

while I did not have an s8, I did have a s4 for many years and frankly found it to be a wonderful car. Very good performance (handling, acceleration) and it handles incredibly well in the snow. My sense is that if you need the car to deal with bad weather - the audi is the way to go. If you don't need all wheel drive and won't be dealing with snow then a BMW (7 series or 5 series) would be a better car.

30

Hi in answer to your question the 2008 s8 is in my opinion not as unreliable as the first two respondants make out. Having worked in the motor industry for several years i feel im in a position to say tha the s8 is a good car, and to be honest since the s8 was launched i have only ever changed punctured tyres on them! as for repairs costing a fortune that whwt a warrantee is for ! lol if you are thinking of buying one go for it!!

125

So, let me get this straight - none of the responders have OWNED an S8, and only one has ever owned an Audi before - it goes further, aside from the one fellow who's owned an Audi in the past, none of the responders have even KNOWN someone who owned an S8, save the last guy who's changed some tires for S8 owners. And, why did you all feel it appropriate to pontificate here? Did I accidentally end up on MySpace today? Miriam, if you're curious about the quality and reliability of the S8, check with the reviews you can find on edmunds.com - they have all of the professional reviews of the car posted there plus user reviews. As in people who have USED the car. You could also check out MSN autos for the same information.

45

I owned a 2001 S8, it was totaled, and after a year without an S8... I bought a 2003 S8 to replace it. Enough said.

55

I own a 2007 S8 (84,000 miles) which is a real machine. I just changed front pads (oem) and oil change and it was under 500. Not bad considering. No warning lights, fit and finish in interior is still great. No other machine runs like this one in its class.

I've owned an Audi S8 for 11 years (2001) and put over 200K miles on it. Wonderful car. Dependable car. It is a driving person's car. Just like any vehicle it will need to go to the shop from time to time. But as was posted earlier, that is what the warranty is for. My car has been out of warranty for many years and I have not found the repairs outrageous. It certainly has been on the road more than it has been in the shop. I'm looking to replace my old S8 with a newer one, perhaps 2009.

my uncles had bougth 2 brand new s8 PLUS in the UK both brand new and both with 0 zero miles on the clock both have had heater problems warm air does not come out audi has refunded him on both occasions terrible cars unreliable and xtremley overrated your just paying for the name terrible manufacturer steer clear