It has all power on,starter? only clicks.Have taken off battery cables,nothing,checked all starter connections,nothing,I am continually frustrated.

Asked by Dec 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM about the 2008 Jeep Commander Overland 4WD

I have tried all remedies 2 restart jeep,'08 Commander,it only clicks.Have disconnected battery,left it as long as overnite.Tried turning ignition off & on rapidly,tapping on starter,all connections are good.It did this once be4,but next morning I reconnected battery & it started.Continually frustrated.

Dont know jeeps that well but if u put key in on position nd use a screwdriver jump the celinoid if dont turn engine replave starter

5,425

Hi its a common issues with the starters on the jeeps ..if you can reach it remove and clean the solenoid control wire at the starter if that does not work then you need to replace the starter it has a dead spot in the armature

20

in fuse boxes check for a black spot in all fuses then in box behind first one open up and rap on black square there says start in box cover 33 tap with wrench relay stuck should turn over, if not replace it. mine then turned starter. ok since but have new one in glove box. insurance! fugo

80

To all Commander and grand Cherokee owners who turn the key on only get click click, it is not the starter, or alternator if your battery has 12.5 volts or more (meaning charged) your problem is a weak or bad 40 amp fuse identified as IGNITION / STARTER That is all that is wrong. It is a square fuse/ relay and located in engine compartment. Push two little tabs on door to open access to fuses and relays. Under the door is a pictorial displaying location of each, pull and replace ignition starter fuse 40A. It is located in fuse box closest to the firewall

10

Will try this one with the fuse box as I already tried the alternator replacement and was headed for the starter next.

Replaced the 40 Amp fuse and did all of the above. This morning getting the clicking sounds. It’s leaving my yard for good today point blank period. This have happened 3 times now. There won’t be a fourth time for me.

My Jeep a 2007 Commander is a piece of crap. I’ve tried all remedies mentioned above three times. This morning the same clicking sound. Selling it to the junk man today, point blank period. Enough for me.