2008 chevy cobalt lt having issue after issue, but still not fixed.

Asked by Jul 19, 2015 at 01:55 PM about the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT1

My timing belt went out about two weeks ago, i had it replaced at the shop for a hefty amount, it started right up after, however it wouldnt start after that initial start, The mechanic said my computer system was fried because when little cars like that have a lot of work done it resets the computer, So i paid to have that replaced, took it home and it ran fine for a few minutes. When i had planned to go do errands, it wouldnt start. if it sat for good few hours, it would then start up, but once you ran it and shut it off, it wouldnt start again. until it was rested, did this for a few days. So i took it back into the shop, they said it was my starter, they replaced that along with my battery cables, i figured all would be fine, but its been now three days and its still doing the same thing. So i;ve replaced my timing belt, started, computer, cables, battery is not even a year old, and have spent a hefty penny on it. What else could be possibly causing this issue of not starting after its ran for awhile?

19,180

The ignition module will cause the vehicle to do that when it gets hot will shut vehicle off and start back up once it cools down.

Is there any tool that will test this? I took it to a different guy yesterday, and they were saying this was possibly the answer, however another said it could be the alternator.

19,180

The alternator you can have tested while it's on the vehicle it should be charging at 14 volts unfortunately the ignition control module has no test expect no spark to spark plugs when not working.

4,075

What's wrong with your shop? Do they not employ any technicians? Have they never heard of diagnostics? Find a shop that will first diagnose the problem and they repair what is actually wrong. Randomly throwing parts at the problem and hoping something will stick is a totally amateur way to repair a car. I'd also be going back and demanding some money back.