charging or jumping battery

Asked by May 21, 2013 at 02:13 AM about the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS

co-worker's car won't start...tried jumping it-got it to click and have power for a minute but never turned over.  1am and two women whom are not mechanically inclined. what is the trunk battery for???

98,085

Sometimes you have to attach the jumper cables and raise the running motor to around 2000 RPM to charge the dead battery. Keep charging for a few minutes before starting. -- Some cars have the battery in the trunk to get it out of the heat and to move some weight to the rear of the car for better balance. New engine bays are crammed with equipment and are a lot warmer than in the old days.

Best Answer

Thank you-I will tell her. Appreciate the response. Her mother sent a tow-truck...hopefully it can get fixed!!!! (co-worker's vehicle) ;)