do u have to reset something in the engine of a T&C if you replace the battery

Asked by Sep 30, 2013 at 09:21 PM about the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country LX

the battery kept going dead and I had to jump it for a month or so off and on. it finally went and it say for a few weeks I replaced it today but only the lights on the inside and outside come on but the radio does not, and it wont turn over no clicking no sounds at all. I was wondering if theres something I had to do to reset it I had to do that with a jeep I had you had to keep the positive battery wire off the battery for like 8 sec to reset the engine computer. I have checked all the relays and everything there is fine

96,655

Sounds like the anti-thieft system has been activated. Try this: using the key lock then unlock the drivers door from the outside, if that don't work try the same thing on the passenger door. If that didn't work then disconnect one battery cable, turn on the headlight switch wait 30 seconds, turn off headlight switch, reconnect battery cable and recheck. Hope this works for you.

40

I just performed this hocus pocus and VIOLA! my completely dead T&C is working again. we're not sure what triggered the security lockdown this morning buy holy SH*T thank you. I completely disconnected the battery, did the manual key, turned the headlights on and reconnected the battery after 15 minutes - not bad for a technologically and mechanically challenged female. hell. I may have a how of tequila now at 9am just 'cause I did it! thank you!!

100

Did not work for me,where it showes milage on the dash when I turned it on to start it said badkey, what does this mean

100

For my 2014 T&C, just disconnecting the battery, waiting 2 minutes, then reconnecting the battery and starting the car worked to get the radio / uconnect working again.

20

I killed my battery leaving the key turned on (not the engine) for 18 hrs ( I had the other set in my hand, :-/). Anyway, I disconnected the battery 2-3 min, reconnected and all my data, backup camera, uncconect and media is operating. Always best to look it up on these sites and try it yourself save the $100 for a 5 min fix.

96,655

The antithieft system usually activates when this happens, so run the procedure for turning it off in the owners manual. Hopefully you didn't loose the communication links between the computers or the factory presets, if that did happen it will have to be towed to,a dealer and have the system reflashed to the vehicles Vin. HTH

Got to say I found this very helpful, thanks alot. I just did the manual key lock n unlock both doors n took battery cable off n turned light switch on n all that and it worked great except my tach n speedometer didn't work. I fixed that problem by turning the switch on to right before it starts, then turn it back to accessories n repeat 3 more times on the 5th time start it and it reset those n they work now. I really appreciate it n thank you to the people that takes the time to post these, they're very helpful n money savers. cable

10

I just replaced my ignition coil on my 2014 t&c and now by brakes are locked up. What would be the fix for this type of problem?

I'm having trouble understanding when you say " using the key lock then unlock the driver side door from the outside" can you clarify? Are you talking about the key fob? Inserting the key into the door? Both?

96,655

Only the key.