My radio lights in my HHR stopped working all of a sudden! How do I fix it?

50

Asked by Nov 13, 2012 at 04:02 PM about the 2008 Chevrolet HHR LS FWD

The radio lights stopped working all of a sudden,in my 2008 HHR. What happened? How do I fix it? HELP!!

49,105

Replace the blown fuse.

50

is there more than 1 fuse box? i checked the ones i thought were correct under the hood ,none that i could find were for the radio.thank you ,this car is new to me so i don't know much about it. josh

49,105

Radio and the horn will be in the fuse box in the interior. Usually they are in the door jam or in the glove box. Check the door jam first where the door panel meets the dashboard. It is usually a kind of triangle shaped panel on the flat edge of the dash and will have the word fuse in raised letters. GM likes to put them on the drivers side but its not uncommon to find it on the passengers side.

220

My stereo lights in my 2011 are not out but keep fading in and out intermittently. Any ideas on what would cause this? I've check the fuses and they all seem fine...?

160

If the Radio/CD works it's not a blown fuse so it's apparent the bulb is burnt out or maybe a loose wire connection, so does the Radio have to be removed from the dash?,if so,it seems like a lot of work just to fix it. The thing bothering me is I can't see the clock to know the time and don't know what track the disc represents when playing.

20

My HHR radio stopped displaying anything on the panel this morning when I stated the car. I can play a cd but nothing in the display. I can hear the radio and change stations using the presets but nothing on the digital screen. How did you get this resolved?

I feel it's a circuit of the BCM electronics that's gone bad for the digital display only.but HHR modules do weird things then stop doing those things for awhile,for example my door locks turn on and off while I;m driving down the road then it stops happening for a few days then happens again. Another thing,my air bag light is defaulted "OFF" and once recently it switched to "ON" as it was scary but then the next time I started it defaulted to "OFF" again and so far has remained that way. As to the digital radio light,buy a new radio or install a new BCM,now you can buy a BCM that doesn't need FLASHING,you just provide your VIN number and mfg will program the BCM to meet your car's requirements. I personally haven't done that yet but will probably wish I had.