my radio shut completely off how do i get it back on

30

Asked by Jan 30, 2013 at 05:07 PM about the 2008 Pontiac Torrent Base

I have a 2008 model and my radio completely shut off and it will not turn back on. Not sure if a fuse blew out or anything. How can I get it to work again? Or where can I find the fuse for the radio?

the fuse is near the kick panel driver's side. With a flashlight can tell whick one is the radio fuse. Aftermarket radios have an inline fuse too- The important question is WHY. why did the fuse blow? Were you doing something unconventional with your radio?

30

No, I was just driving and all of the sudden it completely shut off and didn't want to turn back on.

Has this got a weird 'soft' off/on that you could use a remote controller for? You may take a look at where the ON switch is,

...at this point, I'm going to have to say BATTERY MAINTAINENCE, because there is a cluster of wires at your positive teminal. It only takes two weeks for that cluster to get buggered up with corrosion (from the acid air near the battery), and all terminals must be brass wire brushed and hit with some electrical cleaner, then re assembled. Let us not forget the ground lug as well. Put on your protective gloves and grab a wrench...

...this will put the melody back into your music!

3,045

might need a new radio

these NON-factory jobs 2008 (probably not the original) have an inline fuse that would pop if a motor were overloaded, or a drink got spilled on it. If the radio AND accesory devices goes inoperable, it affims my suspicion of a CORRODED connection cluster at the positive terminal (yes they've been bad and gotten dirty!)

10

I had the same issue ,so I took the advice of judge_roy and found the pos terminal badly corroded. (new battery 8 months ago) Cleaned it thoroughly, put it back together and we are back in business. All chimes and radio now operational! Thanks!!

195

my radio recently (2 times) did not come on when i started the car,,, it was off .. there was no clock showing and the power wouldnt come on.. I turned the car off and re started and it came back on .. any ideas why ?