Trying to sell my 2008 Shelby Mustang 4.6L

10

Asked by May 03, 2013 at 09:02 PM about the 2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium

Yes it is a 4.6L and not a 5.0. It is signed by Carol Shelby. It has lots of upgrades. I have
been trying to sell it for almost a year. Can anyone give me an idea of what a good selling
price would be. I have it advertised at $30K

25,465

The economy is a turd not everyone can afford that kind of car. 30k is alot of money to me and alot of other people im sure. Its a nice car sounds kinda high for a 2008 though but i have not researched it. Get on kbb.com and it will give you an accurate asking price for that vehicle in your area.

10

I can not get a true price as KBB and Cars.com only list 5.0 and it is a 4.6. It is a beautiful car and only has 6,000 miles on the clock, which is nothing for a 2008.

25,465

I dunno why they have 5.0 listed they didnt offer a 5.0 in 2008. try nada.com see if that give you better results.

10

I will thank you.

24,115

2008 Mustang GT's with decent mileage are selling for more like $21- $23k, so you're really pricing it a bit high IMO. Suggest you bump the price down...While it IS nice that it's signed by Shelby, not sure that'll fetch the extra $$ you're asking for.....Good luck though.

25,465

Agreed about the price. All the shelby gt's have that little plack that has his signature so its nothing special there adds no value.

210,685

Most buyer for a 2008 Shelby Mustang are looking at the GT500 with the 5.4L engine. kbro is right, a private sale around $30K is a tough sale these days as your not including a warranty like most dealers would. Try posting it up on www.ebaymotors.com. Do you have it for sale on this site? I'd suggest lising it at $29,500 since it was already listed for $30K and people will see that. The longer it sits, the more buyers stay away thinking there is an issue with it. Then I'd lower the price every week till it sells.

10

I did list it on Craigs List but only got one scam contact. I am a little nervous about listing it on Ebay, who pays for shipping etc. I need to research that as it is a good idea. I am going to a Ford Dealership today to see what they say.

Regardless of Blue Book Value - there actually NEEDS to be a Market for this type of product.., If you're nervous about Ebay , but have little or no reservation about using CL ---then maybe you should just give the vehicle way ! Most people will NOT know how to care for a vehicle like that , & since Shelby's will no longer be Original - I would hold onto it. You could always replaced internal parts & sale it to a Racing Market. It's easier to get a Joint Venture going...

Shelby GTs are converted in Las Vegas at Shelby America. Engine is tuned to 315 HP. 3:55 rear gears. Cold air intake. Ford Racing suspension. Ford racing axle back exhaust. Stripe package. Shelby hoop scoop. Also in the Shelby Registry and numbered. The GT-500 Shelby's are not converted in Las Vegas. They are produced at the ford assembly plant, and not registered.

10

Hello, 30,000 is a bit pricey for now, in a couple years it will be fair though. Honestly price it around 27500 and if someone offers anything over 24000 its going to be the best for now. Ive been shopping around and the market is a bit saturated with shelby gt mustangs, were talking 2-3 listed per city on craigslist, at least decent size cities of course.

70

The Shelby GT package is $8500 for their conversion in Las Vegas, above the FOB Mustang GT window sticker (plus $1000 Gas Guzzler tax). A Shelby GT is not a Mustang GT. If Mustang GT's are selling for ~$22,000 a Shelby GT should be worth around ~$30,000. There is much confusion about the Shelby GT's as far as what it is, where it was converted, it's collectability and because of this, it's value. If they only want to spend low ~$20K's for a Mustang, then they buy a GT rather than a Shelby GT. Totally different cars. In 2008 only about 2000 cars were converted in Vegas and dealers across the nation, if they got one or two of them, wanted $5K to $8K over the Converted Shelby Window sticker price. Don't give it away unless you are hurting.

I havé a 2008 Carol shelby gt-c mustang 177 out of 200 made - it says that on the dash - 6,300 original miles - grabber orange with racing stripes - I think it's worth more then 23000.00 people - you try to find out and it doesn't tell you for a shelby

I posted the above post - trying to sell my mustang asking 29,000 if interested e-mail me vickiehoots@yahoo.com or text 1-760-954-1828

40

If it makes you feel better, I just bought at 2008 Shelby GT-C, #15 of 216, factory supercharged, 13,500 miles for 38.5k. I checked with the local mustang club, and they suggested a buying price range of 30k to 45k depending on the condition. I also saw a 2008 Shelby GT-C sell for 55k at Barrett -Jackson this year. It has a hand written Carol Shelby signature on the sun visor too. These limited edition Shelby ' will only get more valuable with time. If you want to sell now, contact local Shelby clubs, auction it, or get a broker. You can get 30k no problem.

10

my 08SGT1666 is a dream car !!! I bought in January 2011 in New York... The dealer just wanted it gone because of the time of year. I payed 25k with 5K miles on it. I think I stole it !! I have had people email wanting to buy it after I registered on a shelby site. I think fair value for it now is 27K even though It has 20k miles. They only made 2200 for this year. It is a collectible.

20

I agree with HarleyBoss, I bought mine locally in TN from the original dealer. One owner with 21K on the clock. I paid $19.5 because it had been in the dealers inventory for a couple of months...originally they were asking $26.5 for the car. I got lucky! Right time and probably just before it went to the auction.

I just missed out on one even nicer than yours, and with a better color combo for 17k. It sold before I could get back from vacation. You are dreaming at that price...GT500'S can be had for far less now...they are in the low 20s already

40

GT 500's are cookie cutter high performance vehicles. I'd rather own a limited edition mustang that Carol Shelby built. Those cars will be worth far more in the long run.

20

I couldn't agree more Joe.... Run of the mill GT 500 are just Fords rolling out of the factory even today. High HP but none of that old school Shelby touch. The new GT350 is an awesome car but Ford kept production low....if it went to Vegas for the true Shelby touch then it would be even more desirable. Sad that these 20 something's today have no respect for the Shelby name they think it was always about Ford!

20

Hey Jim Don't think you know much about 2008 Shelby GT's. $17.5 is an excellent price. However the 2008 Shelby GT was ONLY offered in blue with silver stripes. FROM FORD 2007 ANNOUNCEMENT: "Today, Ford made it official, announcing the 2008 Shelby GT, which will indeed me available as a convertible. Also, as reported previously, the only color available will be Vista Blue with GT Silver stripes." Any other color would be something else, perhaps a "CS" or some other Shelby package. Either way you have a nice car I'm sure.

I believe it was also offered in white with silver stripes for 2008.

20

Jack nope there were only 3 colors available on 2008 Shelby GT's. And white was not one of them. Most were Blue with Silver stripe including a handful of convertibles. Barrett Jackson commissioned a few that were Black/Red, a few CS cars To be sure check for the ID, it should begin with 08GT followed by the number between 0003 and 2180. 1834 in Blue (760 convertibles) 131 Barrett Jackson coupes 215 California Special cars. The dash plaque should also match the number.

I am in the same boat! I have a 2008 Shelby, sent it to Vegas. It's got a whipple supercharger, custom interior, upgraded hood, suspension, exhaust, new wheels--- the works! Who can I trust to tell me how much it's worth? Any advice is much appreciated!

It came in 3 colors for dealers. Vista blue with silver stripes, white with silver stripes, grabber orange with silver stripes. I believe the convertible was only available in blue/silver stripes. I've only seen them in blue. Then there was the Hertz version, the GT-H. Black with gold stripes.

20

The black 08's were special Barrett-Jackson cars. The Grabber Orange cars were Cal Specials I've never seen a white one. My posts above came directly from Ford. Production numbers as well supplied from Forx records.

40

I'm not sure who I'm answering, but yes, the 2008 Shelby GT-C (sold only at Southern California Ford Dealers (Orange County)) were painted Grabber Orange with silver stripes and with pen Carol Shelby autographs under the passenger sun visor, were made at Shelby Las Vegas with an app. production number of 215. For that version I've heard that 6 received factory superchargers that year. As far as figuring out a price, I've seen them sell for 50 grand in auctions (the non- supercharged version), but calling a local Shelby Club should give you a good idea of what they are selling for. As was stated above, there were different limited edition Shelby's made that year, so it's important to establish the version. Finally, a local Shelby club should be able to recommend a good appraiser too, if you a re willing to pay the fee. Never determine prices on internet sales, as they can be skewed by people trying to move the market price in their favor. Use local sales, again which your local club would know.

20

You are right Joe and the black cars were not Hertz cars but special builds for Barret- Jackson only!

I am looking to sell my 2008 Shelby GT. I am, like everyone else having a hard time finding anyone who understands that it is a true Shelby. They tell me that it is not because it is not the GT500. I am trying to get about 19k. If anyone knows of someone that may be looking, you can email me at amc2478@yahoo.com. I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you!! ----photo attached

35,005

Look on Hemming's Motor news to see if any other cars like yours are for sale. You may want to advertise it there but your biggest clue is that no one is interested at your price. I would drop the price at least 10%.