How do I read the oil dipstick on a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS?

20

Asked by Feb 15, 2016 at 11:16 PM about the 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

I need to know how to read the oil dipstick on a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS. I don't see a full line, just a few holes and a 6 between two arrows. I am not used to a dipstick looking like this, and I need to be able to monitor how much oil is in this car as I suspect it may be using a little oil. I want to keep it full, but not overfilled. I just bought the car. Can anyone help me?

6,195

As long as the oil level is between the two holes you are good

Best Answer Mark helpful
20

I just had the oil changed at the dealership, and the oil registers above both the holes by a bit. Do I have a problem?

6,195

Nothing to worry about immediately - but I would take it back and have them correct the level at your earliest convenience

Best Answer Mark helpful
20

Thanks a million!!!

20

The dealership really ticked me off about a couple of things, and they charged me a small fortune for the few little things I wanted done. I will take the car back for this, but never for anything else. Just out of curiosity, how much oil does this car hold between the engine and the filter? I plan to start taking it somewhere else, and I want to be sure they know how much to add when they do oil changes.

6,195

I know dealerships can be frustrating - I worked for a few over 20 years and then owned one myself - I can up from being a service manger, never sales, I feel your frustration. I hate to say it but women can be prayed upon at times and it really pisses me off. I believe your oil capacity is 4.5 quarts - I'd check it myself for you but my arms wont reach that far - LOL

20

LOL!! Too bad your arms aren't long enough to reach here. I do agree with you about women being preyed upon. I am trying really hard to avoid that. My stepdad takes his Honda Accord to a man who has his own professional garage and does repairs, oil changes, etc. So, that may be where I wind up. So, no more than 4.5 quarts should be added then? You have been a really big help. Thank you so much!!

6,195

anytime - and I agree with your shop choice, family is the best recommendation when it comes to this kind of stuff. Cheers