Front speaker not working (08-Corolla CE)

30

Asked by Jan 06, 2016 at 10:12 AM about the 2008 Toyota Corolla CE

I have 2008 Toyota Corolla CE and my front
speakers stopped working. Rear speakers are
working fine. Is there an easy fix OR some obvious
spot I need to check for wiring issues etc.?

15

If the speaker or headunit is after market - I would start there. Remove the aftermarket part and look to see if the wire is still attached. If so, grab some spare wire. Attach the speaker to its designated wire from the head unit. If it works, there is a problem with the wiring between the unit and speaker. If the speaker still does not work, attach it to a different set of wires from the unit that power a working speaker. If this does not work, you know the speaker is broken

30

It's original speaker and nothing new has been installed. Sorry if it's stupid question but Would the wiring be located in the trunk?

15

I am assuming this is a rear speaker. Each speaker needs two wires to power it (positive and negative). These wires are attached to metal connections or terminals. Your goal is to attach the working speaker wires (positive and negative) to the non working speaker wires. You can attach via terminals instead as long as the wires are connected to the terminals. Most cars you are able to see the back side of the speaker from inside the truck. Back side is where you will find the wires/terminals. If this is the case, the easiest way is to attach spare wires from the working speaker wire to the non working speaker wire. If you do this, and you speaker does not work, then it needs to be replaced. By attach, they only need to be touching; if a friend can hold one side while you hold the other, that is good enough. If you do not have a spare wire, you can unplug both speakers and attach the working speaker wires to the non working speaker. The wire is most likely not long enough to reach the non working speaker, so you might need to remove it first before you are able to attach it. If your speaker now works, you know you most likely have a wiring problem. Cheapest way to fix this is to connect a wire from the working speaker to the non- working speaker. While your speakers will be receiving less power, they both will work.

It's not a stupid question. You have to ask to learn. But do you know how to set the 'fade'?

30

Yes I do. It's currently set to 0. What should be ideal value?

30

Well I played with fade a bit and it seems like all 4 speakers are working. However I feel rear speakers are more powerful than front one. Is it normal? All three bass/trebles fade is at 0 now

Yes, '0' is middle of front/back fade, Same as "0" is equal left/right It goes up to 7, a 7 is total of the front/ rear, or balance for left/right side. But it's not bass/treble. Those are separate controls. For example if you put the fade on 3 I forget witch way it goes, it will get louder in front or rear. It has 6 speakers