Can I request the dealership to pay repair costs??

Asked by Dec 03, 2014 at 01:08 PM about the 2008 Buick Lucerne CXL FWD

I purchased a used car in June 2014; before I actually signed the paperwork, the car was inspected, and everything had passed with flying colors. Now, almost six months later, my fuel pump went, my upper strut plates are crackling, my sway bar links are broken, and my right front axel  has a bad elder boot and a joint that is clicking. I had to have the car towed to a service shop, and thought whatever was wrong would be covered under the warranty that I had. I found out that NOTHING is covered. If my car passed inspection, and this soon after purchase all of this goes wrong, is there anythnig I can do to make the dealership pay for some if not all of the work that needs to be done? The cost is over $1300...Am I wrong in thinking that stuff like this should not be going wrong this quickly after purchase? I only use my car to get to and from work, and occasionally I use it for the errands and such. Never take it very far, and it is HARDLY ever on the thruway. I avoid potholes, take my time, and ensure I drive safely.

10,820

Sounds like the car was repaired after an accident. That must be disclosed by the dealer when the car was purchased The car has a Vin number ... get that number and trace it through Cargurus ... it should give you the cars history .... take the dealer to small claims court (usually costs $20 to file) and file a complaint with your state ... some states really do a good job with correcting problems ... good luck

5,615

Most used car warranties just cover the drive train (Engine Trans). As for the other problems, being the cynic I am, I bet the dealer will just claim that the problems were caused by the current owner because the car passed inspection before the sale.

I've contacted the dealership and they think that the service place it is at now is giving me a bogus and inflated cost. So they are going to have it towed to their facility and look over it, then they will work out a deal with us. How can I look up the VIN number on Car Gurus? I'd be curious to know. When I bought the car and took it back to my hometown; my father looked it over and said everything looked good; he tends to see those "out of the ordinary" things in cars too; like newer bolts and everything, and he questions those. But I would be interested in seeing if it were in an accident...where do I look on Car Gurus? I appreciate the help!

10,820

There are lots of places on the net ... Google Free Vin check or go here http://reports.carfax.com/1/vin-carfax-42/?partner=GCT_3&mboxSession=1417638161254-301516&s_tnt=70723:0:0