how fast is my 2008 gxp compared to other sports cars

Asked by Dec 30, 2007 at 04:06 AM about the 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP

how fast is it compare to other sports cars like the mustang gt, porsche, corvette,etc

The Solstice has a 173 HP, inline 4-cylinder engine mated to either a 5 speed manual or automatic transmission. The GXP has a 260 HP 2.0L turbocharged engine with similar trans. options. I would say you are comparable with other sports cars like the Mustang GT, but not in the class of the Porsche or Corvette -- for example, the LS6 Corvette puts out something like 525 HP and actually beat the Porsche in Car and Driver's recent '08 Model head-to-head review. It's a nice car but it's more of a roadster than a true muscle/performance machine in that sense. Anything with a 4-cylinder is going to have to work harder to put out the same horsepower as a 6 or 8 cylinder engine, which means lots of high end speed, but not as much low-end torque for taking off from a stop.

remember that there is new engine of maserati 8.9 litres of 510cv top speed 320km/h

The potential of the 2.0 Turbo is much more than that of any other 4 cyl sports car GM has ever released. Stock dyno wheel numbers are around the 200ft/lb -- 200HP, and it's not that difficult to get the rear wheel torque exceeding 300ft/lbs under 3500 RPM, exceeding that of the 2005 6.0L LS2 Corvette. In stock trim, it's a 14 second quarter mile car--with tuning, it's in the 12's. My hats' off to the engineers on excellent work. I've had mine over 240km/hr...haven't had my hardtop on the road yet.

The 2.0 turbo has more hp than the base Porsche Boxster sold during the years the Solstice was on the new car market. I test drove both and the Solstice GXP was faster than the Boxster and handled about as well. Bought the Solstice and have not regretted it.

Compared to other cars the pontiac solstice is ok. To me personally this car was my favorite car. Now its never going to be a porsche lamborghini maserati or ferrari but if you put time and money you can make it what ever you want. Check up what this guy did to his, he engine swaped a corvette z06 engine for his solstice. basically redoing all the guts and kinks in the car, now that car is pushing about 200+mph on his. But that cost money. Simply make the Piston larger add the type of fuel injector to your prefence add a turbo and an inter cooler and wala your car is faster. This process cost about 5k-10k depends if you know how to do it your self or the mechanic you know. But to be compared to other sports cars, never its own thing. Its unique diffrent and sexy. Thats why I bought mine and im in love with it.