Dropping gas tank on 2008 Pontiac grand prix gpx

30

Asked by Apr 15, 2016 at 11:50 AM about the 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

I have a 2008 Pontiac grand prix gpx and I
was wondering how to get the gas tank off?  
Because someone sugared my gas tank.  
Also, I run it didn't no it was sugard, do U
think it got in the motor?  It just up and quit
like it was out of gas.  But U can hear fuel
pump running strong.  It has no inline gass
filter, it's made inside the tank.  thank U.  
Please help me?

5,305

you might consider running the fuel pump into a collecting tank/bucket with a long hose and nipple to connect to the output of the fuel pump....that might save you from a lot of fuss of "droppin' the tank"~ catch in a bucket...and do not let it run DRY...supply a fresh gallon for the flushin'~ dry burns out the fuel pump motor~

Best Answer
30

OK what if I done sifled all the gas out of the tank. It it plum full of sugar U can see it on the hose and in the gas when sifled out. Does the car have to be started because it won't start. Acted like it was out of gas when quit. Or can I just turn the key on? So sorry to bother U but I'm a woman n no nothing about working on a vehicle. My husband did all the work before he passed away at age 39 yes.old three year ago. Thank U!!!!

5,305

sorry Missy, I hope that a full recovery has happened...try to get a neighborhood kid to help you or a capable neighborhood drunkard early in the day...some work for a single beer...get all into the gasoline and fumes...certainly who could expect a single person to "drop the tank" but my hat's off to you for thinkin' this may be a solution...if you get most of the gasoline that is contaminated and the motor still turns okay...would take a trip to run perhaps a tankfull to burn it off...your gas filter should have caught mostly all of it ...certainly have your helper change the gas filter...in front of the HOME Depot, early in the day you can find a person to do that for ya~ here is a video of the gas filter change...pretty easy...that should be your starting point~ have that done fill 'er up and report back~

5,305

if it's crumbles of sugar...get a shop-vac to remove that~

30

Its like ice crystal all in the tank. When I drove it it would first sound like it was knocking and stuff but one U got it going U could fly in it. So what R my odds that it's ruined my motor cause now it won't start like it's out of gas I just got the car and even had a locked gas cap. My heart is broken. Its all me n my 8 year old baby has to ride in case she gets sick or hurt at school no way get to her. Not only that my mom has only 18 percent lung function and my veteran dad I'd totally blind and I have all my loved one I take care of. I hope it's not in the motor. Sorry for ranting but all I do is cry.

5,305

dammit Missy, get a grip...you know the challenges before you...you are smart enough to find friends to help...if none, hold onto your hat and take it a day at a time...when diagnosed with MS and taken out of the workforce and forced to live with NO friends up here in Clearlake Park, where there are NO smart people (only hicks) one must think for himself...cryin' does not really accomplish much...but lookin' your problem square in the face and dealing with it...for example there is a product called HEET, which back in Wisconsin the fuel lines would FREEZE up...still have not told me if the engine still turns....change the fuel filter, dump a bottle of HEET into your tank...and keep your fingers crossed~ report...I'm here with you~ and will stay as your advisor...jayster.k.wiseguy@gmail to take it off campus~

5,305

use boiling water to melt the gas cap!~

30

OK it will crank but will not start to run. It is like it is out of gas.

30

OK dropped gas tank and there is crumbles of suger and hard blocks of sugar. I called they said I would have to buy whole gas pump n assembly that I can't buy the filter because it all built together. Looks like it didn't get inside the fuel pump motor due to it caking in hard blocks of sugor around all of it. The filter is completly stopped up. So hopefully saved my motor. My uncle said he didn't believe it hurt the motor so let's pray not. I guess they was a pond of sugar that had mostly crystallized but still some was little grains. Praying for the best.

5,305

the kid...the kid did that!~ who else had access to sugar in copious amounts?

5,305

our lead GURU DavidH25 (rest his soul) had his kid put a garden hose into the gas cap inlet...mommy started it up....his 5 cylinder Audi was ruined~ damned the lack of locking caps~

30

OK so do U think the mother is shot?

5,305

...you (the Mother is NOT shot)...unless you've been drinkin'...but if the motor turns.....junk it and get a Toyota....nope...there is hope...if the motor does turn...pistons go up and down...the camshaft is turning...OF Course there is hope~ the carburetion and spark, but MIssy, Red HOT as you seem to be should have NO trouble for a TOYOTA for under 1600 bucks...yes go for the toyota please if we knew exactly your location...could have you in one THIS afternoon...if you are close~ https://www.picknbuy24.com/usedcar/maker/toyota/ this is my 68 mbz with 770,000 belongs in a museum...safely with my buddy from high school now~ still has the hood ornament~

5,305

Toyota...I swear that car will not breakdown...like the candy-car has~

5,305

there are toyotas for 1100 please ditch the bitch...(I'd say)~