08 pontiac grand prix 3.8

Asked by Aug 20, 2015 at 03:19 AM about the 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

had car for 2 days then while driving the car just shut off everything worked bot wouldn't turn over the next day we messed with it a few min and it just started and ran fine I got car home and shut it off and it wouldn't turn over again i got my wife to turn key and i tapped on electronic throttle control now when i feather the throttle it starts and is hard to keep running has rough idle sounds bad no throttle response check engine light flashes but pulls up no codes and the airbag lights flicker while its running there was nothing wrong with the car before it died idk if it could be the electronic throttle body, pcm, ecu, i dont wanna replace a bunch of parts that dont fix the problem if someone has had this issue or has any info of what it could be please let me know thank you

106,455

I would first clean the entire throttle body with a good throttle body cleaner, sound like its dirty. if that does not help, I would change it..

68,725

Check the battery cable connections. At both ends. Make sure everything is clean and tight. I had a similar issue with my '00 Grand Prix GT 3.8. The negative (-) battery cable had come loose. All kinds of crazy things were going on. Lights blinking on and off, speedo and tach flopping around, engine chugging, etc. HTH. -Jim

4,075

I agree it sounds like bad electrical connections or a battery that is worn out. You are on the right track though. Don't replace anything until you figure out what the problem is. Diagnostics first, then buy the right part.