grease nipples

Asked by Mar 18, 2015 at 06:10 PM about the 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

I take my car in to get servicing and I pay for lubrication of my vehicle and one time I decided to look under my front end and with the wheels turned so as to get a look to find grease nipples and I did not see any besides a anti- sway bar with rubber bushings and metal spacers but no grease nipples. I noticed what looked like a ball joint but no nipple connected to my strut. I think I was pay for a service that the technician was not able to do. how does the front end get lubrication. Thanks. I am old school and use to seeing grease nipples when I did my own maintenance.

236,805

Most newer cars started using sealed unit from the factory in the '90's. But when replacing, I always replace my parts with the Moog brand which supply the zerk fittings to add grease.

3,865

Welcome to the 1990s. :) There are few if any lubrication points on modern cars. There is very little, if any maintenance required on modern suspension. Components are lubricated and sealed at the factory and once they dry out, and wear out they have to be replaced. If it has under 100,000 miles on it you're probably still good. After that have things inspected when you do tires or brakes or have an alignment and replace parts when they start to fail.