I was takin my wife to work this mornin and our car just died on us the oil was low in it but my question is does a car like that have a sensor in it that shuts the car off an make it not crank until

Asked by Jan 25, 2015 at 05:25 PM about the 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

It is possible to have an Oil Shutoff on some Models. I would see if there is a possible oil leak and add proper oil. Then I would disconnect the Battery Cables for a Long Period. (30+ Minutes to Fully Reset)

I'm not sure either if that car has a low oil shutdown feature. How low was your oil. If it was still showing on the dipstick at all it would not be low enough to activate a shutdown. I doubt that it would activate unless you were down to 2 quarts or less. I guess the short answer is to fill it up and if it starts and runs yo know you're OK. Keep an eye on the oil level and if it seems to be using excessive oil then do some more investigating.