WHY do so-called Large well-established Dealerships try to pawn off used cars that have been in bad accidents, have rebuild or salvage titles..or worse yet...a flood vehicle?Here's one I actually noticed in my area that's listed on CarGurus: http://davisacura.com/Langhorne-PA/For-Sale/Used/Nissan/Altima/2008-2-5-S-Black-Car/14810017/Here's the CarFax for this 2008 Nissan Altima...I was told by a mechanic that a Dealer shouldn't even be selling a car in a condition like this, since it's difficult to get insurance for it:http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=CMO_0&vin=1N4AL21E28N457169Thankfully, I didn't buy it and Davis Acura lost a customer for life over THIS charade..I'd love to hear some thoughts on this foolishness.

Asked by Jan 27, 2013 at 01:49 PM about the 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Car salesmen rank lower than politicians in trust. I didn't make that up or try to make a joke. Especially when full disclosure laws apply. But are you talking about NEW car dealer franchises?

Best Answer Mark helpful

Hey David....To answer your question, Yes, Davis Acura is a large chain of New Car Dealer franchises (there is also Davis Hyundai, Honda, etc. in different locations)...So this Altima is being sold in the Used Car lot adjacent to their New Car lot! When I questioned the Internet Sales Manager about it, she said the car is really a good car and they will give me a list of items that need to be fixed AND that I have the choice to have THEM fix it or MY mechanic....Unbelievable! I e-mailed her back last week to tell her that I bought a Mitsu Outlander from ANOTHER dealer in their area!! LMAO!!

Good on you. Attitude adjustment.

Just wish I could warn people in my area about this particular 2008 Nissan Altima...I DID rate the Dealer but made no specific reference to this vehicle. Hope people just read the CarFax and avoid it like it did!

Hey...you saying that I need an attitude adjustment? LOL! Just kiddin'

Find a right guy!...and stick to him. -or- buy a NEW car and do not worry so much.

Well..Bob, here's the deal. I already have a RWD sportscar that I bought damn near new with only 1,400 miles on it (for all practical purposes, it IS a new car). Due to a change of job that no longer offers me the luxury of a company car, I now find myself in a situation where I need a reasonably priced 2nd vehicle preferably with AWD/4WD (or at least Traction/Stability Control and FWD) AND more cargo space than my Sportscar (I live on the East Coast...after dealing with Hurricane Sandy in October...God only knows what winter and ice storm nightmares are headed my way). I'll let this Acura Dealer stick it to someone ELSE! Having 2 new car payments isn't financially feasible at this time.

Subarus are good in snow. You've got what you've got. Don't worry about reports, just enjoy the beauty of it!

smooth , hold on a used car is a used car, its traded in from someone,does it have value ,ok how much, you would not have it scrapped if you owned it when damaged,just reduced the value, and now its a recon titled car, worth less ,how much, you decide when you buy, long as its disclosed, and all dealers in bussiness more than 2 yrs. im sure would, many a shopper looks for r title vehciles as they are maby 1/3 cost and many are rebuilt better than i know fords assembly line, wate another few years not to far down the road we will all say ,i just cant own a vehicle more than 3 yrs. old ,it's more costly than a fine escort

Yes, I DO realize that Subaru's are good in snow AND both the Forester and Impreza were on my Car/SUV shopping list. However, I purchased a Mitsubishi Outlander with 4WD (4 Wheel Drive), so I'm good to go @ Bob. The Subies were priced a bit higher for the lower mileage ones + the Forester has less cargo room vs. Outlander...I'm happy!

I definitely understand where you're coming from @ 7jimmy7. However, the car in question, a 2008 Nissan Altima, was in a bad accident and sustained major structural damage, none of which was disclosed initially when I contacted the Car Dealer. Yes, I did have SOME information from CarFax, BUT it wasn't until AFTER I spoke to the Salesperson, was it revealed just how extensive the damage was...AND that AFTER I paid $9,998 for it, that I would STILL have to pay an undetermined amount for the car to be road worthy. I expect normal wear and tear in a used vehicle, but NOTHING like what this Altima had to offer...Hell NO!

Trust me guys, copy and paste the 2 links I posted above and THEN, you will get a MUCH clearer picture of the situation ...Adious muchachos!

owch !