Radio stays on after car is completely turned off.

35

Asked by Jan 10, 2015 at 10:17 PM about the 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

The car will be completely turned off, but the radio will still be on and playing. I left it
alone for a little while thinking it would turn off, like headlights take a few seconds, but
never did. I removed the fuse as a temporary fix. The car itself is salvaged, but I have
never had a single issue.

2,165

Does the interior lights turn on when you open the door to exit? I know its a differant car, but my Caddy has a switch in the door latch that sticks. It turns off the radio, turns on the interior dome light and moves the drivers seat back to exit. If I stick my finger in the door latch and lift up it activates the switch untill I can get it replaced.

35

They do turn on but I keep the switch for the dome light off, but other than that, yes all the lights would turn on if I open the door but they turn off after as normal. Only the radio stays on. I turned up the radio to make sure it was still playing after locking the car and everything and music was still playing.

50

Was this issue ever fixed? I'm currently having the same issue, lights will turn off, but radio stays on. Not too sure what to do, other than bring it into the shop, but until then, I don't want to drain my battery.

20

If you open the driver's door, you will see three bolts in the door jam on the body of the car. There may be black caps on these bolts. These are what appears to be the grounding for the body of the car. Tighten down these bolts and the grounding issue should be fixed and the radio should work normally. Sounds crazy, but it seems to be the problem and the fix.

10

I had a similar issue while I was using the car charger to recharge my Mobile device battery pack. Soon as I take the item out of the cigarette lighter the radio turned off... make sure there is nothing in the lighter. this worked for me.

I had this problem as well, when I would go to turn off my Nissan, the GPS/music would stay on, however before it would tur n off when the engine did, I found that I had my portable cell battery plugged into the smoke outlet which was pushing juice to the GPS nav, once i took the plug out the stereo/GPS then turned off with the engine like it normally does.

10

I am having the same issue with the radio staying on. I tried tightening the bolts but that did not work. any other suggestions?