Question relates to these transmission-related error codes (P0700, P0752)

Asked by May 21, 2017 at 10:49 PM about the 2008 Saturn VUE XE V6 AWD

I have a Saturn Vue (2008) and the engine light is on - a range of different error codes have been identified which relate to the transmission:

May 2    P0700
May 11  P0752, P0877, P0989
May 16 P0700, P0752

I first noticed this issue with the engine light three weeks ago… some other observations… the engine light has not been on constantly, for example, it went off for about week and came back on yesterday. Another thing that is worth noting is that the day before the engine light first came on (three weeks ago), I got a warning light relating to one tire being overinflated even though this wasn’t the case.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with the transmission/ sensors?

Thanks in advance.

795

Yes this is most likely your transmission control module is messed up, how many miles do you have on the vehicle? Are you the original owner and if not how many miles were on it when you purchased it? Did you get the transmission rebuilt due to the wave plate failure?

I have 90,214 miles on the vehicle. I'm not the original owner, however, I got the car in 2009 so it was almost new. I've had no issues until now. Regarding transmission, no, I did not get the transmission rebuilt due to the wave plate failure - can you explain what the wave plate failure issue is? Thanks! PS I have had another weird issue for the last six months - I don't know if it's related... during the colder months, when I was using the heating, I noticed the car "squeaked" briefly when I turned the engine on. It didn't happen if the heating hadn't just been on. Now it's hot weather, the car squeaks when I turn the engine when it's been standing out in the heat/sun. It doesn't squeak early in the morning when it's not hot.

795

Sorry for getting back to you so late, but I take it you got the car when the mileage was low. Therefore your waveplate may be going very soon. If it does go out you will only have like 1st and 2nd gear and no reverse. Because your mileage is below 120k you are under the extended warranty at no charge. You will want to take it into a GM dealer when the plate goes out so they can do the warranty work. If you take it to a 3rd party tranny shop the work will likely not be reimbursed. When did you last have the fluid flushed and changed? At this point you should release some of the fluid from the tranny into a pan, just open the drain plug let some out into a clear dish and put the plug back in, I know it will be messy. If you have metal shavings and dark fluid then the wave plate is probably out, if not then it could be your TCM is gone and you need to have it replaced. TCM part costs about $300 and you can either have a mechanic replace it or do it yourself. GM dealership will charge you $1400 to do it. Again though if you have shavings and dark fluid take it into the GM dealership and tell them all that you have found as it should be a no cost to you repair with free rental.

795

The squeaky sound, sounds like serpentine belt is going out. It could be possible that some oil is leaking onto the belt causing it to squeak, oil could be from the power steering pump, A/C compressor oil, engine oil, or the belt may just be worn. If you are getting a new wave plate tranny repair have the dealership look at that too, if not then inspect with a flashlight on the passenger side to see if oil is on the belt anywhere and the condition of the belt.