new CSL M3

25

Asked by Oct 06, 2008 at 02:45 AM about the 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

is there a new bmw m3 csl?

55

In relation to the E92 BMW ///M3; BMW have decided to not produce a CSL version and focus on other vehicles instead as the CSL would be too expensive to build and there is not a market for it. They are also going to be focusing on other models; including the recently launched X6. There is a chance that they will build the CSL around 2010 though :)

95

Def, it would be way to expensive and pretty much pointless. You want a light weight M3, take the A/C, Sat nav, power seats, thick carpets, and throw some big sticky tires on your own M3...make your own csl!

35

this should be on a forum titled How to make a CSL.... ;)

55

actually there is a new m3 CSL being offered in 2008 and 2009 however... it is only going to be offered to those in the european countries. due to its power and specifications. it does not meet north american requirements

3,235

you mean emissions? lol

2,280

Gasoline octane may have something to do with that as well. I was stationed in Germany for 11 years, the gasoline there is racing fuel compared to out civil 93 max octane. The car would likely not run right on 93 octane in America. That is an assumption on my part.

8,525

Giving you a heads up mate... The reason the octane ratings are higher is that they use a different system... Can't remember the names, but I remember that 91 euro= 87-88 US...

2,280

Agreed..their rating system is metric. Eventhough the rating isn't the same, I personally drove my vehicle (Dodge Colt Vista) on both types of fuel. With the German fuel, my vehicle was nearly 11-12 mph faster. That equals higher octane.

8,525

Actually higher octane is a 'knock resistance number' and is usually lower caloric value (less energy)... A properly tuned car makes more power with lower octane than higher octane... unless you advance your timing there would be no need for high octane in a low compression motor... Quick Google says the Colt Vista had 9.5:1 compression... well below the 11:1 that is the benchmark for high octane. Your Colt probably ran best with 88-90 octane US, assuming everything was stock on your car and timing was where it ought to be...

2,280

Adam, have you ever driven on the Autobahn? I have! Have you ever pumped German gasoline in your car? I have! Until you do that as I have..your data is merely info anyone can research.You are determined to initiate some drama..find some one else to fence with. You are getting on my nerves.

8,525

I'm not trying to start drama.... I'm trying to ensure the people who read this forum don't take the popular miss-conception that high octane=fast... Believe it or not I really don't care what you say as long as it's not bad information. I try not to say things off the cuff... For example my guess that a USA CSL isn't going to be available is that the CSL is a lightweight version, and it may not meet a safety policy or standard. However, I'm not sure... so I didn't say that.

2,280

Adam..yes, you are starting drama! If you took the time to read my initial posting, I wrote, "the octane MAY have something to do with it.." May as in meaning POSSIBLY! Also, I specifically wrote, "this is an ASSUMPTION on MY PART..." Again, I clearly acknowledged the possibility of ERROR!...DUUUUHHHHH! You turned a molehill into a MOUNTAIN. Regarding the information I post on the forum, my intel is dead on correct! If it wasn't, I'd not post it.If there is any assumption on any of my postings, I will always state as much AND offer a secondary reference that could be more accurate. BTW..in one of your postings you made a comment about the FRAME on a CRX. FYI..that is a UNI-BODY, which means the absence of a frame. I COULD HAVE POSTED YOUR ERROR BUT I DIDN'T. You are one of those people that likes to "sharpshoot" a specific target; in this case, you selected me. To be 100% CLEAR, I HAVE NO DESIRE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU AND WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU DO THE SAME!

75

They are not comming to the US. because they have to pay a amount of money to the US to get this cars tested safety emmision and and and teste. It does not worth is for 100 or 200 cars. but they would pass it. Like the E46 M3 CSL