my 2008 chrystler touring has been losing air out of the tires about every other day and i have to refill them, i have taking my car in and they can not find a problem. what is going on?

Asked by Feb 05, 2013 at 11:09 PM about the 2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring

tires loose pressure every other day and no known holes or leaks can be seen with soap test

6,305

Maybe the tire is not set on the bead properly. Whoever installed the tires may not have done a very good job.

93,755

I have no clue since you took them in. Wheels could leak right through the metal rims. They could leak out the schrader valves. It could be leaking out the beads or a hole in the tire. How much pressure are they losing? Is it all four tires? Do you have a buddy that might be playing a joke?

a nail can play hell, if you cannot find it- Something as simple as this. Take it to Tire Pros, they won't let you down-

8,205

If you have alloy rims, and run them in the winter, it is very simple. The salt has caught up with you. Salt collects in the groove where the bead meets the rim and eats into the allow. It will leak slowly but steadily, and often cannot be seen. That is one of the reasons I always suggest people run snow tires on steel rims in the winter.

935

All of those may be possible . But aluminum wheels especially on the Sebring to expand and contract with the changes in climate. I live in michigan and my tire constantly needs air during the winter months. And in my case its due to contracting , not bad bead seating or oxidized wheels in the bead area. My Sebring is a 1999 and even have had the wheels replaced under warranty back in the day because of this problem. I now only have one that loses air but I deal with it as I've been out of warranty for 10 years and it's more of a spare car in the winter months now anyways. My guess would be bad casting design or metallurgical problem in the alloys used for these wheels.

535

Make a mends to your neighbor you may have inadvertenly upset. JUST KIDDING. My sisters 08 did the same frustrating thing for over a year. Finally by shear accident the problem was resolved by Bell Tire filling her low tires ( 3 ) with a nitrous air that they always use on alloy wheels. She got a new job at the restaurant next to them and had them fill her tires for free after work one day. After Discount Tire tried to sell her new tires saying she had "bad rubber". ( she had atleast 80% tread left)

Tire Pros in Clearlake will buy anything you say, if you want Yokohamas and they make them in your size they'll do this. Sooner or later you'll own Generals seems to be their house brand tho MINI was fitted with pirellis-

big O's are CRAP!

935

I was thinking of trying that but did not want to waste 10 bucks or whatever it costs per wheel by letting it leak out if it didn't work. I do know that the nitrogens density doesn't fluctuate with temperature but wasn't sure if that would work. Thanks.