How do I remove the radio

25

Asked by Nov 13, 2007 at 05:05 PM about the 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab 4WD

Radio removal instructions

look on all 4 corner,s and see if their are 4 squares at each corner if so go to wal mart ,buy raido remover for ford they being 2 look like a square missing one end. you will see ,if so push each one in slots gently push out while pulling out radio.

20

The complete front dash panel needs to be removed, it simply pops loose by pulling it forward. You will then had to disconnect all of the wiring harness connectors, headlamp,powerpoint,4x4 selector, pedal adjust switch, AC controls, rear window switch, and info/setup/reset switch. Each connector has a push retainer release on it. The radio is held in place by (4) screws and can be slid out after removal. Put the shift lever, and tilt whell in the full down positions to help with dash removal. You might also want to remove the pillar post handle for added clearance.

if you dont know how to change it,you can screw up a lot of things,what you should do is take it to your local independent raido shop and let them install one for you,wont cost that much,but you will know it was done right.

165

These first three aren't even close... The two square panels at the lower left and right corner come off and there are screws under this. The square panels I'm talking about are the one on the left with the cigarette lighter and the one on the right with (if equipped) the 3.5" line in audio input. There are small recessions on the underside of these you can grab with a flathead screwdriver. Under these are two 7mm screws. Remove and then pull out and up to remove the bezel. Have fun trying not to break the snaps/clips that hold the rest of that bezel in place. The radio then has 4 more of those 7mm screws holding it in place

40

I have a 2014 Ford F250 and needed to pull the dash to replace the factory radio. Mr Andy was exactly correct on taking the dash apart. The hardest part was getting all the wires unclipped with out breaking anything. Took all of 5 minutes counting tool hunting. Thank you Mr Andy!

165

No problem! I hate when people put blah blah out there just to see themselves talk so I had to set this simple task straight. Good luck with your SuperDuty!

What did u replace the factory radio with? Im needing to replace mine but cant find one to fit my truck. I have a 2013 f250 king ranch. If you can please email me if you can help. rbbrosceola@gmail.com thanks in advance

You're my hero Mr. Andy! I would have been buying my customer a new dash panel on his brand new Thor Motorhome had I not read your blog. Agreed about the blah blah. Thanks again.

Glad to be of help. Lots of Internet know it alls put garbage out there and have no clue. Just glad I could help a couple of y'all

165

The big factory radios are what are known as 'double DIN' (6" height) size and the sky is the limit with how much you can spend on various replacements, usually all with nav systems, backup camera screens, etc. My trucks all have 5,000 watt plus systems in them and I stick with oldschool Alpine 'single DIN' (about 2.5" normal size) head units. For under ten bucks you can get a Scosche or Metra adapter blank that accommodates the radio then the extra space is usually a little compartment or tray that's perfect for a pack of cigarettes and your sunglasses or a couple CD cases. Here's an example ... http://m.ebay.com/itm/111010567440?fits=Model%3AF- 350+Super+Duty Most out there, especially Metra and Schosche even come with the wiring harness that plugs into the factory harness and leaves you with all the pigtails to splice in speaker wires if you're not running RCA cables to an amp or several. Sonic Electronix is the company I've dealt with forever, their support and warranty service beats any FleaBay outfitter, I just happened to be on at the same time I posted this so I grabbed the first thing that came up in a search. Point being, for around $10 you can put a normal radio in your truck with those goofy oversized things everyone insists on these days. I don't need a backup camera screen, that's what mirrors and turning my head around are for. GPS? Nah, my Ranger training learned me how to read a map. Watching movies in a car? Sorry, I work for a living so that yuppie crap is above my pay grade. Good luck!