Stop safely now

160

Asked by May 24, 2013 at 09:04 AM about the 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD

Engine shuts down while driving and having error message of service emission soon and safe to shut down engine

service emission soon----sure it's not service engine soon? sounds like you left the gas cap off or overfilled the tank beyond the first click~!

28,845

Get the trouble codes read with a scanner. Auto zone and similar stores will ususlly do it for free. Once you have the code either post it on here and take it somewhere and have it fixed. Cant be of much help until we know the dtc.

26,075

You're Going to have to scan for codes. I had one yesterday that has so much dust accumulated in the carbon canister and related vapor lines that it fouled a vent valve and had the same symptoms. You can't tell by guessing.

you can read your own diagnostic trouble codes with your very own scanner---about 15 + shipping~

I believe this actually has "on-board diagnostics" that can be read....check the owner's manual~ with my volvo it was accomlished by putting in in the on position with a certain jumper disconnected and count the flashes...similar cryptology on the Isuzu...no doubt GM has also made it so you really need a code reader...but if in a third world country, would have to get this information~

75

Hello,, that happens to me, after doing incredibly many things,,, the mechanic fix it... It is a wire with a litle chip module on the hybrid battery in the trunk... It cost like US$250.00 ,, Not any code scanner find this.. Good Luck H.

I own a FEH 2007, 111k miles. The 12V battery had a little bit of corosion (blue powder around the positive terminal). After sitting for two months in the garage w/o driving (wife and kids were on a long vacation with in-laws) the 12V battery was fully discharged. I had it recharged and tested for functionality and according to Walmart it is fully functional. I put it back into the car, noticed also some light corrosion on one of the battery cables, but lights, radio etc were all working fine. However, suddenly the „Stop safely now“ popped up on the display. The car would not start anymore. Before towing it to the dealership I checked with the key turned whether the MEC pump was working. My impression was it was not (no bubbles in the cooling liquid, no movement of the pump itself). However, the dealership told me that they do not think that it is the MEC pump. They read the error codes and got P0A08 (DC / DC CONVERTER STATUS CIRCUIT / OPEN) and P0A0C (HIGH VOLTAGE SYSTEM INTER-LOCK CIRCUIT LOW) . They called me and told me that we need to replace the DC/DC converter which I agreed to – luckily I bought a used one. The car would still not start. They’ve been struggling with the second error code over 5 weeks (!!) w/o any resolution. I suggested to replace all of the relays what they did however that did not resolve the issue. They called me today and told me that Ford would not cover any further diagnosis work and they believe that it is the transmission. When I asked for a cost estimate for further diagnosis and potential replacements they said they cannot tell but it could be everything between 400$ and 5000$ and they don’t think that it is economic. Due to the long time it took them to work on the diagnosis/(missing) cause of the second DTC (car now 45 days at the dealership), their bad communication style (I always had to call to get an status update) and Ford’s lack of commitment to resolving this Hybrid issue I am very suspicious of their capabilities and in particular their conclusion about the transmission. Any advice of potential causes for P0A0C would be highly appreciated! Also any recommendations for a trustful Hybrid technician in the Greater Houston/Spring,Texas, area would be helpful. I have not given up on my vehicle! Thank you.

New Finally, I have found a capable hybrid technician at C.A.R.S. Conroe, TX, who was able to fix my series of issues (Stop safely now, error codes P0A08, P0A0C). The main error cause were broken and corrosive ground wires in the harness. Furthermore, after replacing the wires the technician also found that the 12V battery could not consistently keep at least 30% of its voltage level such that the interlock circuit would shut down/protect the high voltage system. Vehicle is now up and running J Very happy that I did not give up on it! Lessons learned: 1) Ford is not comitted to its vehicles beyond the warranty period despite the given security issue 2) Don’t take the first diagnosis as god given. The cause of the error code about the DC DC converter was the broken wiring and not a damaged DC DC converter. Hence, the replacement of the converter by the dealership was unnecessary (thanks for destroying $1000) 3) Go with old hybrid vehicles to independent repair shops – in my case they were much more dedicated, professional and charged lower labor rates 4) Last but not least: Don’t give easily up on your vehicle. Even if the dealership tells you to dump it there might be a simple reason which an experienced Hybrid technician can resolve. Good luck!