Stop safely now

140

Asked by May 24, 2013 at 09:04 AM about the 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD

Engine shuts down while driving and having error message of service emission soon and safe to shut down engine

service emission soon----sure it's not service engine soon? sounds like you left the gas cap off or overfilled the tank beyond the first click~!

27,245

Get the trouble codes read with a scanner. Auto zone and similar stores will ususlly do it for free. Once you have the code either post it on here and take it somewhere and have it fixed. Cant be of much help until we know the dtc.

24,205

You're Going to have to scan for codes. I had one yesterday that has so much dust accumulated in the carbon canister and related vapor lines that it fouled a vent valve and had the same symptoms. You can't tell by guessing.

you can read your own diagnostic trouble codes with your very own scanner---about 15 + shipping~

I believe this actually has "on-board diagnostics" that can be read....check the owner's manual~ with my volvo it was accomlished by putting in in the on position with a certain jumper disconnected and count the flashes...similar cryptology on the Isuzu...no doubt GM has also made it so you really need a code reader...but if in a third world country, would have to get this information~

75

Hello,, that happens to me, after doing incredibly many things,,, the mechanic fix it... It is a wire with a litle chip module on the hybrid battery in the trunk... It cost like US$250.00 ,, Not any code scanner find this.. Good Luck H.