how quickly will i kill the tyres?

45

Asked by May 04, 2008 at 06:15 PM about the 2008 Audi R8 Quattro

42,925

Depends how good the tires are and how you drive it.

35

It is four-wheel driven, so unlike most rear wheel driven supercars, I don't think the R8 eats tyres that badly - no matter how hard you try (and why should you?)

15

the tires shudnt go as fast as a ordinary MR or plain rear-wheel drive car since its balanced,they'll only really wear only if u jump in the brakes all the time or floor it at a green lite...constantly,but overall its one of the best supercars ive seen

Expect to see a little more wear & tear of the front tires. However, this should be minimal if you keep the tires properly inflated and make sure you rotate them as scheduled. There's less wear and tear if you use quality tires as well. As mentioned before, a lot depends on how you drive your vehicle. If you're prone to taking the car to the limit, then as with any other vehicle driven that way, you'll see greater tire wear. If you're a regular driver then tire wear shouldn't really be an issue for you. Enjoy!

15

WRONG! Audis eat tires like Roseanne eats donuts. The Quattro system is BRILLANT yet not exactly efficient on tires. My S8 eats them up yum, and does my 2.7 A6. the more torque you put down, the more rubber you chew, and if you have 4 wheels chewing rubber you chew twice as many as 2! Greatest cars ever, i really don't see myself ever owning anything else.

15

WRONG GENIUS! you cannot rotate the tires on the R8 being that they are DIFFERENT SIZES from front to rear. Its a R8, who cares about tire wear anyways? Be a man, mash the gas, flip off Ferraris as you pass them in the snow and rain.

Oops your right. I misread A8 instead of R8. Good catch! Smarty pants.