Where can I find the keyless entry door code?

blueovaljoe
225

Asked by May 17, 2011 at 07:29 PM about the 2008 Ford Taurus Limited

open trunk look on trunk arm,you will see a small white sticker on it,that is your code.

blueovaljoe
225

Thanks papa i checked the trunk arms no luck.Sticker must have been removed. Guess i will have to cough up the 75.00 to the no count dealer.In North Carolina they charge you just to say hello.

Jeff Leeper

That would be because the code is located on the remote entry module underneath the dash just above the brake pedal. it will either be on the sticker or embossed in the side of the case. I attached a picture for you.

Best Answer
blueovaljoe
225

+Thanks Jeff. You have been most helpful.Id rather have a tooth extracted without the caine, than visit the ford dealer.Not to mention the money you saved me.Hope i can return the favor . Thanks again Joe

Jeff Leeper

No problem, If you ever need help in the future feel free to drop me a line.

IbFord
235

Thanks Jeff, I recently purchased a 2005 Ford Taurus and It didn't come with the code, saves me a trip and a couple bucks:) And, I may add, the code is found on the side of the fuse box, as the picture indicated.

Joel Ayala
20

Jeff thanks for the info very helpful... I also needed to look for it

Michael Tutty
7,505

On some Fords, the code is also on the driver's door jamb.

zpduda39
165

on my 2011 Ford Taurus it's on the module under the dash above the emergency brake

cbockmiller
110

Anyother place it could be its not any of the places listed above

Datduvaldude
160

How do I replace the keyless entry panel?

Datduvaldude
160

How do I replace the keyless entry panel? I have the 2011 SHO model and a branch fell and cracked the pad itself.

notamotorhead
0

blueovaljoe I know exactly how you feel about taking a car to the dealership. I recently bought an '05 Ford Taurus and it has an aftermarket alarm system on it. It came with one key and I'm nervous about it. I took my car to a Ford dealership to ask them if they could look at the alarm system and tell me how to program a remote to it and the guy chuckled and said, "It will cost you $101.00 just to have us look at it." Very frustrating!

ritterman
170

I just got a 2012 Ford Taurus and realized after purchase that I was not given the keyless code. The code was on the side of the fuse box under the dash over the parking brake. There was a 5 digit # then a letter after. I tried just the 5 digit # and it worked. Thanks

Sandie Johnson
90

I tried to look at the system in my car today even taking photos with my camera because it was so hard to see under there. I saw some numbers but have no idea what it is. I recognized the fuse box and I'm guessing the alarm system is that large black box with all the wires. I don't know.

zpduda39
165

on my 2011 Ford Taurus, there are 5 numbers on that box, this is the master code that unlocks the door using the key pad

LoboFeloz
20

Thank you guys. I found my keyless entry code under the dashboard, driver side. at the left side, close to fuse panel. My car is 2008 Ford Taurus. Thanks a lot.

curbmaster99
40

Thanks ritterman, I have a 2013 Taurus limited and I guess they still keep the code there.

Terrico Patterson
130

I have a 2001 sable and I can't find the lock code I looked under the dash at the module and can't find it where else could it be

Chadcrockett
45

2013 Tarus It was on the module above the emergency brake 5 digits and the letter L

Rbell2310
50

just bought a 2007 ford fusion and I cant find the keypad cod for my driver side door and help would help thanks -rob-

Ryan Rotellini
150

What about the 2013 fusion? I can't find it...

Gayle Ramirez
10

Thanks Jeff ours was above the e brake,but we'd never found it if wasn't for your post!

Melbrown25
20

Hi jeff i am looking for the code of my car ford taurus sel 2002 i cant find it . I tried by the panel it wasnt there . Thanks

Conniesch1
10

Mine was to the left of the brake. It was a 5 digit barcode strip.

Kentuckygal1
115

I have a 2011 ford edge does anyone know where my code would be???

chris22football
40

have 05 taurus cant find code in any of those places any help?

Jennie Vaughn
10

Thanks, we just got a 2010 Taurus and with the help of your tip and a handheld mirror from my daughter I found the upc sticker with a 5 digit code under the driver's dash, more to the left, tucked behind and on the side of I think the fuse box.

Lauri Schlierman
85

I found a five digit number in the location you shared in the picture, but it doesn't work. I think a previous owner may have either deactivated or broken the keyless entry feature, because my owner's manual says I can lock the doors by pressing the 7*8 and 9*0 buttons simultaneously without entering a code, but nothing happens when I do that. I'm so bummed! Is there a way to reactivate it, if that's why it's not working? My owner's manual doesn't mention anything.

KrisSHO
5

i have a 1989 ford taurus sho. My code was located in the trunk on the computer module on the left side secured to the back seat. It was taped to the top of the module.

mcoc
20

2013 Ford Limited. Just to confirm my model/year, Code was just "left & up" of the break pedal. White sticker with scan code, 5 numbers followed by a capital letter...

JohnnyDee
80

I just got a 2014 Focus SE,,, i've looked everywhere you guys suggested, still can't locate the door code!

TimTime
20

What about on a 2008 Ford Edge?

CPGeck
20

For 2014 Fusion models, the factory code is located on the back side of the fuse box locared under the driver side dash. There is a 10mm nut at the base of the fuse box that helps to remove so that you can pull the bottom of tbe fuse box away from the steel bracket. You can then use a mirror and a flashlight to read rhe key code at the bottom of the white sticker on the back of the fuse box.

Jodie1987
0

What is the keyless entry for my 2013 SHO

CLow1984
20

Where is the 2005 door code for driver door

Salv91
0

Hey guys I have an 07-fusion and lost my keys, locksnith will take off 80-dollars if I lrovide the code, any help?

my13taurus
0

I have a 2013 Taurus. The code was located underneath driver's side dash but definitely NOT easy to find. Use mirror and flashlight as someone suggested.

dawn0325
20

Hi I just bought a 2015 f150 and can't find d the code anywhere is it in a different spot for that year it was made Sept of 2015 does that make it a 2016 when it comes to these things?????

Seansteelaway Spearman
0

this help me!!! Just showed my wife...Car :2005 Mercury Sable LS ...

sphnx
0

I could not find the factory code and called the local Ford dealer. They told me it would cost $55 to hook up the car to the computer and take about half an hour total. Common sense told me that this seemed like a rip off. I went home and researched this site and went underneath the instrument panel on the drivers side above the emergency brake pedal. There was a white decal label on the side of a small box with a 5 digit code. I tried that number and BINGO that was the universal code. DONT LET THESE DEALERS try to rip you off. I went back and told the service advisor and she said she knew about that but that they usually are scraped off. She never even told me to try to look and find the code. I clearly felt this was a deceptive dishonest attempt to extort $55 from me. At least put a few minutes and search underneath the dash and you might find the universal code to reset. This was on a 2014 Taurus so I am sure others have the same situation. I complained to the Manager and felt like I was being taken advantage of. DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU

CarmenBaker
0

I just bought a 2009 Ford Focus and didn't receive the code. Can anyone help me find where it is located in the car. Thanks.

Yary Sepulveda
0

I have a 2011 Taurus keys locked in no code. is there any way to bypass thru the hood?