My 1990 makes a ding sound when I open the driver for. Is this supposed to happen?

Asked by Nov 22, 2015 at 07:59 PM about the 1990 Acura Legend LS

43,695

The ding is telling you your keys are in the ignition, or that there is something left turned on.

That's the problem. Nothing is left open, or even in the ignition, let alone turned on when it dings. Could that mean something else?

43,695

Yes it does, but I don't know exactly what. Try turning, moving the ignition lock without the key inserted. The ding is a friendly reminder saying keys left in, door, trunk, hood, left open, lights on, seat belt not buckled, that sorta thing. Something must be worn.