Car won't come out of gear

Asked by Apr 04, 2015 at 02:18 PM about the 1990 Acura Integra GS Coupe FWD

It has been stiff shifting for a while. Now it will not come out of s2 at all. I used the key shifting release. I can't budge it. I sprayed down into the shifter from the car. Also had been sprayed underneath car when I had it in. However that was not the reason taking it to shop. Mechanic said to find a control wire? Is this what u suggest for part to repair? In the meantime it is in driveway in gear. With emergency brake on. Key will not come out because of it in gear. I am parked that I am having to pull it out with tractor. Somehow get it on the trailer.

I am a female no husband to help. My 16yr old son who is very mechanically inclined. Has helped the best of the ability. HELP    What part do I get? How can I get it out of gear to back it out?

if this is a standard meaning has a clutch, u can go from 1st to 3rd if it an older car compare the value to fixing it ..push the clutch in & push it into neuteral engine off or have it towed your choice