my car cuts off when im driving

Asked by Jun 15, 2012 at 03:04 PM about the 1991 Acura Legend LS Sedan FWD

I purchase a 1991acura legend at the beginning. Of the year, now whenever I drive my.
Car it cuts off, but today it wouldn't start up

I inherited a 1991 Acura legend ls recently and it started cutting off. I would jump the battery and the car would run for a couple of minutes then die. It was the alternator. The car has 35,000 miles on it.

The best way to find out if it is your alternator is the starter car and while it's running pull up the negative terminal to your battery if the car dies if your alternator doesn't quite sound like the alternator but it might be do you have to use anything powered like your headlights or anything They won't work at all at night it'll die every time but that's the best way to check it running pull the negative see if it still runs if it still runs it's not the alternator if it does it is