My 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.7L Hemi, has no oil pressure showing on guage. Only 8050mi. ?

25

Asked by Nov 02, 2007 at 10:14 PM about the 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD

What are the possibilities of my problem?  The Truck was fine this am, but when I was returning to my farm, the oil pressure guage showed "low" and engine light came on.  As stated before, the truck has only 8050 miles on it, and is due for the next oil change shortly.  I tried to call the dealership, however they were already closed.  I will try tomorrow am (Sat) again.  But if anyone has had this problem with their Hemi, please let me know.  Thanks a million!

if used on a farm you could have a bad oil sending unit,i would check oil if very low check drain plug for losenes and oil filter for a leaky seal turn to make sure of tightnes if allright get it to dealer asap.

62,085

If you don't hear any unusual sounds, oil is full, and the engine runs, you probably have a bad oil sending unit. If the oil pressure dropped to 0 in real life, you would hear lots of metallic noises, especially in the valve train.

70

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi that the oil pressure goes to zero. It has been going up and down in pressure for 3000 miles. I am betting the sending unit is bad. The motor would have junk by now otherwise. 18000 miles on it now. Sounds and runs fine.

85

The oil sending unit is bad!If you had 0 oil pressure, not only would you have lots of noise, you would over heat!

1,100

either the sending unit or the gauge is bad if you had no oil pressure you motor would be junk after 3 minutes

145

check oil regulater if your leaking antwhere that cause lower pressure to

925

agreed oil pressure sensor is junk, or the motor would of seized up

220

I have a 2007 dodge ram hemi quad cab.my check engine light came on. said low oil pressure I only have 28,000 miles

280

Here's the thing. I have an 05 2500, 5.7 Hemi. Same problem. I thought it was just a sensor. Must be right? 26 years Certified Master. You'd think I could properly diagnose such a thing. Well I installed a mechanical gauge, the problem didn't show up for several months. When it did, lo and behold, the pressure actually DID drop... to zero. So I stopped, checked fluids, got back in and started it up and voila! oil pressure again. So I'm driving out of town last weekend and it happens again. I stop, check, start, got pressure, half mile later... again, about 100 yds later.. again. Tonight I tear into it to see what the deal is. Makes no sense that I can have full pressure or none. doesn't gradually decrease with engine temp or speed. It's there, then it's not. I will repost tomorrow with results. Anybody else run into this and actually found the problem? Unless you have a manual gauge AND the electronic OE, you can't say for certain it is the sender. Mine didn't start valve clatter for about 2 miles on zero.

1,165

junk in the pan that got sucked up to the pickup, then settled once you shut it down? cracked pickup tube? however with that low miles that would be odd for debris in the pan already...maybe the discruntled chrysler employee the was watching diamler run them into the ground threw his snickers wrapper in there ; ) haha let us know

50

Jgori, What did you find? My O4 2500 just started doing this today on the way to work. I found folks else where who had similar problems and found clogged pick up screens. A lot of people suggest the relief valve too. Would love to hear what you found. Tim

190

I got a 08 dodge 1500 5.7 and im having the same problems but this last time the oil pressure light came on than like a min later the truck just shut down and know it wont start when u turn the key the starter clicks once and nothing it did it one other time and i just pulled over and cut it off and got out check the oil it was good so got back in and started it and the oil pressure went back to normal please help only ride

115

I have the same probleme with my 04' ram hemi on startup mostly in late fall to early winter, not sure exactly what the probleme but all I do is shut off the truck and restart it and it's fine all day unless it sits for a few hours

100

I have a 2007 Ram 1500 TRX with the 5.7 Hemi. One day the oil pressure gauge dropped 1/4 down then back up. Short while later dropped to nothing. I pulled over to check the oil and it was fine. When I started the truck again it read fine oil pressure. The next day after 8 miles there was a loud bang and my timing chain broke and ruined the engine. Anyone know if there is a recall or anything I can do. Expensive to buy another truck or used engine...

10

My oil gauge would show zero after first starting my truck. Then I would shut off and restart with oil gauge now showing pressure. I went to order a new oil pressure sensor and had a mechanic tell me it was my scene in front of the sensor. So I went home and removed my old sensor. Us my air compressor and shot air through the hole where sensor mounts on block. Reinstall sensor and started vehicle. The oil pressure gauge now works every time. The mechanic said there is a tiny scene in front of the sensor that get plugged off. Hope this works for you. Cheers

These cars and trucks today, its not easy to tie in to add a mechanical gauge. The computer demands a signal from oil pressure sender, it has to say. So where can I tap in?!!! I bought an oil filter block! Remove oil filter set block over nipple the filter was on, o-ring side to old filter mating surface, and thread new male/female nipple on and tighten. New filter surface is opposite side of block, filter spins on nipple tight against new block. This lock has a few tapped holes for just such a purpose, gauge tap, oil temp, or an oil cooler!!! Plug and seal unused holes in block!!! Same for coolant temp mechanical or electric gauge, where to tap in?!!! Sold powder coated n red, black, blue, silver, aluminum tube to match upper radiator hose on both ends, thicker section in middle that can be drilled and tapped for your thermocouple or sender size! and near thermostat! I'm having same issue at 205K this just starts!!