power window problems

Asked by Aug 14, 2014 at 07:45 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2LT Extended Cab 4WD

i have a 2007 silverado 1500, and a couple of months ago my driver side master
switch quit working, passenger window switch would work but the rear windows nor the
driver window would work, i replaced the master switch and still nothing has changed. i
quit driving the truck for about a month or so until the other night and i had a passenger
that rolled down the passenger window and now it will not roll up. i am completely
stumped. i have searched for a fuse but have not had any luck.

390

My 2500HD duramax had a similar issue. Turned out to be a 50A fuse in the engine bay fuse box (one of the 50A fuses in the row closest to the center).

130

Did u ever find answers

650

I'm not sure if you found the problem or not but I have an 07 Silverado that had the same problem. Driver control for Windows stopped working and a buddy of mine found a yellow wire going from the boot in the door to the fuse box that was broke along with a couple either wires. We think the wires are too small and from opening and closing the door it just snapped over time. We fixed the wires and now all the windows work fine. I hope this helps you because I know how crazy it can make you trying to figure it out.

290

2008 Silverado. Checked 25 amp breaker, good. Used ohm meter checked wire from fuse box to rubber boot coming from truck frame. Good. Checked wire Larger (Red/White) just before it entered door panel. Open circuit. In that rubber boot between frame and door, wire was broken. Made repair, everything fine. cecked wire

490

I have an 05 silverado and some problem.I checked circuit breaker, rubber boot for broken wire everything is good. I put a test light to the wires that go to the switch. Its getting power but nothing works. Any suggestions??? Passenger window and lock works just fine

650

Check the rubber boot that goes from the door to the frame. I will bet the yellow wire has a crack or break in it and that is your problem. It is a pain to find and get to but that is what worked for me.

165

2007 Silverado LTZ 4 door, Drivers side windows don''t work but passenger side windows work fine from the master switch even after replacement. Odd that I have 4.5 volts at the plug to the window motor when the switch is activated even with the new switch and 12 volts to the switch and the window lock-out does not stop the other switches from working although the LED illuminates that it is activated.

150

2008 Z71 1500 Silverado. Had all the same problems everyone is describing as well as my cruise control not working and the remote start nt working. I read on multiple forums that replacing the 175 amp master fuse, cleaning up and tightening the batter connections, and replacing the grounding wire fixed many problems. I did so and it stopped my charging outlets from blowing fuses everyday and allowed me to use one of the windows thay wasn't working. I'm still having problems with thw remote start and cruise control. I believe the wire going to to master window control and/or module still have to be replaced. Will update...

70

I have a 2010 Silverado 4 door. The driver side and right rear window worked fine. Both right side windows would go up but not down. After checking and surching for 8 hour, I finally check diver side master switches, took the switch apart, found it had sand in it from a trip we had made to the beach. Cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser, now works fine

180

Even though I had 12 volts at the new window switch, I replaced the 25 amp circuit breaker that is BEHIND the fuse box at the drivers edge of the dashboard, the access requires taking off the knee-panel and using a flashlight to see the top of the 1" long silver case sticking out. When I plugged it in it started making a lot of chattering noise and was very hot to touch. I then replaced the Red w/White stripe wire from the door switch to the fuse box and all is working well now.

100

I just finished fixing the 'drivers door power window not working' problem on my '08 Sierra. As some have said, there were broken wires in the rubber boot between the cab and the door. In my case, the red and white power wire from the fuse panel to the door switch was broken. I also solved my 'power door lock not working in the drivers door' issue.....it too was a broken wire inside the rubber boot. It's definitely a PITA to fix......the whole harness is wrapped and needs to be cut open inside the boot in order to see and repair the problem. This truck has been a nightmare electrically. I had random starting problems a couple of years ago with all sorts of phantom warning lights on the dash and the door locks popping open and closed while driving. It turned out to be bad connections at the battery. I needed to replace the negative and positive battery connectors....the factory ones came loose between the wire and the lead post connector causing all sorts of problems. I'm definitely discouraged with these 'quality parts' issues.

80

My 2015 2500 diesel window doesn't work. What should I do?

650

Check the wires in the rubber boots between the door and the cab of the truck. That fixed my problem and by the looks of it fixed other people's problem as well. Once you find the broken wire and fix it you should be fine.

520

My Silverado 2011 Truck, passenger window not opening from driver side, but will work properly if is open by passenger side, what should i do?

660

Hello I have a similar problem. passenger window is not working, i have changed almost everything including the switch (driver and passenger) and even the motor but still i can`t manage to make it work. i tested the cable that goes from the switch till the motor and there is continuity but no power. the only thing that i heard is a sort of a "click" that comes frome the switch, nothing more ... any ideas?

60

my Silverado just went off it won't start or nothing what do u;ll think it is

150

I have issues with power windows and the power mirror not working. It’s a 2006 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax 3500 4x4. Check all fuses. I see aluminum 25A CB LT DRS. Not sure how to check that. Please help bc of rainy elements. Right window at passenger will not roll up.

110

We have a 2008 chevy Silverado with rear passenger window stuck in the down position. my 17 yo son said his friend had same issue. He said to rev the engine while trying to roll it up. Did that and it rolled up! Obviously something electrical will be checking the wires, fuses, cables etc as others have described when I get some time tomorrow

40

we made many test and finally reverse the wire coming from the switch and deduct that is all the switch we have to change ..all the module on your armrest,,,,,,the cost at scrap yard in quebec was 87.00 dollards cad,,,or 287.dollards cad on e,bay....or new part for 425.cad ,,but we was lucky,,problem was the window goes down but not up...so we skin the wire and reverse it ,to give the command with the button on down position to permit the window to have voltage to get it up....and now is fixed....this diagnosis is for qualyfied person,,,,

40

ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS ARE THE WORST THING IN MECANIC TO RESOLVE AND IF THE DIANOSIS,AREN T THE GOOD,,,YU GONNA SPEND A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY TO CHANGE MANY PATRS FOR NOTHING,,,,SO SOME TIMES IS BETTER TO GO TO THE GARAGE

240

I have a 2000 Silverado and the passenger side window don’t go up but will go down. When you try and roll the window up it just makes a buzzing noise. Any ideas what that may be?

10

You may need to replace your switch

70

I have a 09 Silverado. My back passenger window won't go up. When I push the button for it to go down, I can hear a little click. But when pulling it up nothing. What's an easy fix for this problem?

20

o8 silverado cant unlock the doors from the driver side nor roll up the passinger side window

30

I had the same problem. Passenger window would go down but only sometimes go up. None of the rest of the windows would work. I opened up the boot on the drivers door and yep! The yellow wire was broken. Soldered then back together and they all started working. Strange.

110

This sucks because I don't have a yellow wire and it doesn't appear any of the wires are broken either. Mine is a 2005 Silverado. Passenger window works fine. Drivers window didn't work at all for about a day, the next day got in and it worked. On the way home it stopped and now completely dead again. Iv'e been trying to figure this out all day. I.m pissed

110

I found my answer to my issue, as I saw from the person with the 2500 Duramax. My issue was resolved the same as his with the 50 Amp fuse in the engine compartment. It also was responsible for my dash lights, turn signals and emergency flashers.

30

My 08 Siverado had window problems when using the drivers side switches. I took the door panel off and found a clear-ish rubber gasket with a small round metal disc for each window. They all had a green patina on them causing a bad connection. I cleaned and lightly sanded them and the problem went away.

30

I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!! I read this thread after I had replaced everything on 2 doors of my truck....... 07 2500 hd rear window quit about 6 months ago. Just clicked but did nothing.... driver window quit last week. The regulator and motor are only 75 bucks each so I replaced both of them. NOTHING.... replaced the switches....NOTHING......so I decided to do a little research. Low and behold. The answer was right here.... Cut apart the rubber boot which was a huge pain in the ass!!!!! BAM... 2 wires broke apart.....mine were a red/white and a black.....rigged it back up and the drivers window works perfect....but still no back window.......what are the odds? So I cut the boot on the rear door....I'll be damned there is the red/white and black broke hear also. Now I have windows again. There were a few wires in each boot that had become dry and brittle. Before you do what I did and spend 400 bucks on extra parts. Check the wires

Thx for the advice. After replacing the motor / regulator It was doing the same thing as before. Slow motor speed; almost seemed like it was binding on the rails. After reading this forum, I looked at the wires in the harness running through the door and there it was. The black wire was down to one or two strands. Problem resolved and works like new.

Lost all power to drivers side door....went inside the boot, and the black wire was broken...problem solved.

Same thing here, 08 Silverado. Worked sporadic for a while then quit working all together. Had power to the switch but nothing on the driver's door worked. Pulled the boot loose from cowl and door, poked around and black ground wire broken completely in half. Appreciate others on this site who's comments saved me a lot time.

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic extended cab. This pile has 335k on it. Drivers window goes down great, passenger window stopped going down. At first i could use the driver side control for the passenger and then the passenger switch would work. Now the passenger window doesn't go down at all.. Relay, wires or motor ya think?