power window problems

Asked by Aug 14, 2014 at 07:45 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 Ext. Cab 4WD

i have a 2007 silverado 1500, and a couple of months ago my driver side master
switch quit working, passenger window switch would work but the rear windows nor the
driver window would work, i replaced the master switch and still nothing has changed. i
quit driving the truck for about a month or so until the other night and i had a passenger
that rolled down the passenger window and now it will not roll up. i am completely
stumped. i have searched for a fuse but have not had any luck.

140

My 2500HD duramax had a similar issue. Turned out to be a 50A fuse in the engine bay fuse box (one of the 50A fuses in the row closest to the center).

60

Did u ever find answers

110

I'm not sure if you found the problem or not but I have an 07 Silverado that had the same problem. Driver control for Windows stopped working and a buddy of mine found a yellow wire going from the boot in the door to the fuse box that was broke along with a couple either wires. We think the wires are too small and from opening and closing the door it just snapped over time. We fixed the wires and now all the windows work fine. I hope this helps you because I know how crazy it can make you trying to figure it out.

100

2008 Silverado. Checked 25 amp breaker, good. Used ohm meter checked wire from fuse box to rubber boot coming from truck frame. Good. Checked wire Larger (Red/White) just before it entered door panel. Open circuit. In that rubber boot between frame and door, wire was broken. Made repair, everything fine. cecked wire

90

I have an 05 silverado and some problem.I checked circuit breaker, rubber boot for broken wire everything is good. I put a test light to the wires that go to the switch. Its getting power but nothing works. Any suggestions??? Passenger window and lock works just fine

110

Check the rubber boot that goes from the door to the frame. I will bet the yellow wire has a crack or break in it and that is your problem. It is a pain to find and get to but that is what worked for me.

25

2007 Silverado LTZ 4 door, Drivers side windows don''t work but passenger side windows work fine from the master switch even after replacement. Odd that I have 4.5 volts at the plug to the window motor when the switch is activated even with the new switch and 12 volts to the switch and the window lock-out does not stop the other switches from working although the LED illuminates that it is activated.

2008 Z71 1500 Silverado. Had all the same problems everyone is describing as well as my cruise control not working and the remote start nt working. I read on multiple forums that replacing the 175 amp master fuse, cleaning up and tightening the batter connections, and replacing the grounding wire fixed many problems. I did so and it stopped my charging outlets from blowing fuses everyday and allowed me to use one of the windows thay wasn't working. I'm still having problems with thw remote start and cruise control. I believe the wire going to to master window control and/or module still have to be replaced. Will update...

I have a 2010 Silverado 4 door. The driver side and right rear window worked fine. Both right side windows would go up but not down. After checking and surching for 8 hour, I finally check diver side master switches, took the switch apart, found it had sand in it from a trip we had made to the beach. Cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser, now works fine

Even though I had 12 volts at the new window switch, I replaced the 25 amp circuit breaker that is BEHIND the fuse box at the drivers edge of the dashboard, the access requires taking off the knee-panel and using a flashlight to see the top of the 1" long silver case sticking out. When I plugged it in it started making a lot of chattering noise and was very hot to touch. I then replaced the Red w/White stripe wire from the door switch to the fuse box and all is working well now.

I just finished fixing the 'drivers door power window not working' problem on my '08 Sierra. As some have said, there were broken wires in the rubber boot between the cab and the door. In my case, the red and white power wire from the fuse panel to the door switch was broken. I also solved my 'power door lock not working in the drivers door' issue.....it too was a broken wire inside the rubber boot. It's definitely a PITA to fix......the whole harness is wrapped and needs to be cut open inside the boot in order to see and repair the problem. This truck has been a nightmare electrically. I had random starting problems a couple of years ago with all sorts of phantom warning lights on the dash and the door locks popping open and closed while driving. It turned out to be bad connections at the battery. I needed to replace the negative and positive battery connectors....the factory ones came loose between the wire and the lead post connector causing all sorts of problems. I'm definitely discouraged with these 'quality parts' issues.

My 2015 2500 diesel window doesn't work. What should I do?

110

Check the wires in the rubber boots between the door and the cab of the truck. That fixed my problem and by the looks of it fixed other people's problem as well. Once you find the broken wire and fix it you should be fine.