oil pressure light

15

Asked by Oct 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM about the 2002 Chrysler 300M Pro-Am

I have a 2002 300M with 130,000 miles. I had the oil changed and a short time afterward i noticed the oil light flickering when i stopped at a red light, but goes out while driving. I checked the oil level, and the oil was full. I notice that this happens when the oil warms up after driving 10 min. or so. Now it stays on while i am stoped, something that i noticed is if i put the car in nuetral and mash the accelerator where my RPM goes up around 800 the light goes out. I changed the oil pressure sensor and the problem still exists. I have been told that it is possible that the oil that was used may have been to thin, since the problem did not start until i had the oil changed. I have been told to remove the sensor and hook up a pressure guage to get the reading from the pump to find out if it is putting out the correct pressure. Do you have any suggestion, I dont have the skills to change the oil pump myself (since it involve removing the timing belt etc...) do to the amount of work involved to change it and limited on money.(if its the oil pump)

78,285

You really need out find out if you really have an oil pressure problem otherwise you run a high risk of ruining your engine due to lack of oil.

15

I found out that the place that changed my oil used K*****L 5W 30 oil in my car so i decided i would change it myself this time. I used 3 qts of 10w 40 and mistaking bought 2 qts of 20w 40 (didnt notice the 20w 40 until i was opening up the bottle) I didnt change the oil filter because it was just change 2 weeks ago. This is the third day of driving and the light has not come on yet. I am thinking that the oil that they used was too thin.

30

I had the flickering oil light problem several years ago and suggested to my father and service man that oil pump was going out. They disagreed. Not long after, the motor blew. Oil pump went out!!

Best Answer

I got a hole in the engine block does anyone know of anyone who has a 8.3 viper engine for a 2006 srt-10 dodge ram