Possible fuel issue, or...?

Asked by Dec 06, 2008 at 12:13 PM about the 1992 Acura Legend L Coupe

Its a 3.2 v6.  It sat for a couple of months but was started regularly.  I did notice that I had to pump the accelerator increasingly more when starting it though.  When I finally got it out on the road it rode fine, but had very little  fuel. I filled it up w/ gas and not 2 minutes later it died on me and hasn't started since.  New battery.  Any ideas what I could do to find problem?

2,050

Trouble shoot the fuel delivery system. If it ran until you filled it, then suddenly stopped, it makes me feel there's a fuel delivery issue. Check to see if fuel is getting to the filter. If it's getting there, check to see if it's exiting the filter. If it isn't getting to the filter, you have either blockage or a faulty fuel pump. If it's making it to the filter but not exiting it, you have a faulty filter; replace it. Another possibility is ice in the system. If you are in a cold environment with low fuel in the tank, the pump may have deposited water in the fuel lines that was extracted from your tank. This could have created blockage. If that's the case, add fuel line ice inhibitor.