what do you guys think about the Mazda Rx-8?

Asked by Feb 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM about the 2004 Mazda RX-8 6-speed

Handles pretty well. Third Generation Rx-7 is an exponentially more beautiful car.

yeah the Rx-7 is out of my budget, but I was also looking at the Tiburon V-6, even though it lacks power, I dont know what else to look at for a nice little sports coupe.....I love the 350z but again alittle too much to pay right now.....

no more than 13,000

I got a very nice size down payment as well

85

The RX8 is a very fun to drive car. Prefer the 192PS model. Motor and transmission are more robust. More gas milliage that the 231PS model, but still 300km per tank. Important: Take an engine compression test first. Anything above 750 at 250rpm is acceptable

265

rx8 is awesome got mine 2 years ago now and hasnt had a problem other than my dad flooding it because he was being stupid, (cranking it over for half a second then stop cranking it multiple times in the matter of seconds) Mines at 80k miles and running like a champ the rx8 also came in the top ten cars under 100k for handling in car and driver so you can gaurentee this car is a keeper, be aware that it is a rotary engine and does not have pistons as well (in my opinion its a good thing less stuff to break and no chance of a knocking rod or messed up piston or clogged valves etc. ) but if something goes wrong with the engine it can be expensive, and nothing but OEM , racing beat, re ameyia, tanabe, and black halo racing parts will do any good for the car, and spark plugs on rx8s are about 100 bucks for four (NGKs are the only kind that will work and they can only be ones specificly made for a rotary engine) so be aware of the cost of those. hope that helps. and also add oil every 1000 miles if you get it the engine consumes oil to reduce the heat of the engine. Hope this helps :) P.S.(I am a rotary geek so if you have any other questions about the engine then ask me I can even find you a diagram of how a rotary engine works if youd like)

265

and another big thing a redline a day keeps the carbon build up away, and another thing yet let your car sit for about 20 minutes brfore driving it in the cold and dont turn it on and then off if you forget something in your house or are going to be doing something for a short period of time chances are it will flood if its really cold out its a weird rotary thing. Hope that helps as well.

thanks for all the info n tips guys! hey javonanthony, would you consider $6500 straight cash??

is your price firm!?

265

AND BTW TIBURONS ARE JUNK 350Z is a great car though as well.

let me think about that bud, cuz I got a nice size chunk of change coming in in about a week or so, so Ill see what I can do

5

had 1, a 2005 hi power. looks wonderful & unique but the engine is crap & has no torque so a golf gti will leave you standing. & when the engine gives trouble there are very few specialists who know rotaries & they are very difficult to find. Engine spare are expensive. but if u want it as a toy than its ok

ive got the spec/edit rx8 evolve 2006 39,000mls 231 bhp in copper red an absolute stunner of a car and runs as gd as it looks if you look after the oil and change it every 3000mls you will have no probs, good luck