Hello, My heater fan switch will work in all the postions EXCEPT in the middle postion.

Asked by Nov 08, 2015 at 10:34 AM about the 2005 Buick Century Custom Sedan FWD

I replaced the complete unit (all my lights were blown) and the new unit came with a new fan switch and the new one is doing exactly as the original one did. The blower works on LOW, MEDIUM LOW, MEDIUM HIGH and HIGH but not the MEDIUM position. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. I did check ALL fuses in the panel on the passenger side and under the hood. Are there any relays I am missing to check? Thank you!!!!

You may need to replace the blower motor resistor...

Best Answer Mark helpful

Hi Rowefast, Thank you very much for the info as that was the problem. I installed a new resistor and the fan is operating perfectly! Thanks again for the quick reply! A few tips for those who have a 2005 model Buick Century Custom. First remove the blower motor as this will provide much more room to work and see much better. The resistor is located right behind the blower motor and tucked up in there as well. I notched a piece of the plastic matting and also removed some of the insulation to get to the one back screw that is not even visible. Loosen the back screws but do not remove them, just remove the front screw. Lastly, if you are using a 1/4 extension with a swivel and socket, tape the socket to the swivel and the swivel to the extension. This will prevent the tools from coming apart when you remove them after loosening the screws. Hope this helps!

Right on!

Check for a bad blower resistor