Center console, Climate Control and Radio Problem

100

Asked by Jul 11, 2012 at 02:30 PM about the 2003 INFINITI G35 Sedan

I was not aware this many people are having the same problem I am now experiencing with my center console. I have G35 Sedan Manufactured in July 2002 and apparently my car is one of the 23998 cars that was manufactured before Aug 2002 and should be covered under their voluntary service recall.
I was wondering if anyone had their Infiniti dealer honor this recall and perform the said replacement on the Audio Finisher Circuit Board.
I just called the Infiniti dealer in town and I was told this recall was if I experienced the problem when the car was was under warranty??? Then I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs and they said my Vin is not included in the recall eventhough my car was manufactured in July 2002.
I just want to know if anybody was able to have infiniti honor this recall and do the work for them.
I am so grateful for this site that you have posted this much communication on this problem.

264,445

I looked around for your issue, and in fact a lot of others have had issues with their radios. Seems a lot of dealers will only fix if the car is still in the warranty period like you found out. If they do fix it, they will charge you for diagnosis and repairs and can cost upwards of $2k. Some went out and fixed it themselves and going with an aftermarket radio. But others found a dealer willing to help. Call around in your area and keep pushing till someone bends. Good Luck.

100

I found a California Company on E-bay who does the repair. $150 if you uninstall and send it to them or $200 if you are local in southern california and have then uninstall and intall the refurbished board. I'm happy to say that my system is working like new and any of you with the same problem should give these guys a try. The problems fixed for the above price are: CD Changer - has not worked for over a year Climate control and the radio Hopefully this fix has taken care of the hi beam issue I was having also. (While the radio is working if you turn the hi beam on the car would brake) it is as if you hit the brakes on and is a scrary situation if you are on the freeway. I cannot wait to try that and report, but the rest is working fine. My nearest Infiniti Dealer quoted me about $2100 and was not about to do that. Thank you for all the posts and hope that this helps somebody else.

100

Here is how it is fixed: My issue was similar with the radio display not working, the AC stuck on, but the steering wheel controls working. Here are the two videos you need to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-rdnWKHFk to see how to remove the stereo unit. Then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcHWDuE7blM to see where resistors r509 and r510 are which probably need to be re-soldered. I watched both, had a friend assist and it took us about two hours. We also had a good quality electrical soldering iron. When he touched r509 and r510 both resistors were loose. We were not sure it was going to work but a little solder and when we reinstalled it was exactly the cure. I can't believe that Nissan / Infiniti didn't warranty this Clarion part. Really poor customer service. Hope this helps you.

80

CONFIRMED! Follow the youtube links. Car fixed >>> 2003 Infiniti G35 Manual Solution >>> First... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-rdnWKHFk Second... https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=LcHWDuE7blM&list=FLZbcI2Xty-knNOcY8L8tnhg&index=1 --------------------------------------------------------- I prodded around the problem spot on the board before diving into the full schematic, one component at a time, and sure enough! My resistor r508 popped off the board. It was a bad soldering job by the manufacturer. Resolder the tiny resistor back onto the board, check the other components in the immediate problem area on the main PCB (radio circuit board) to make sure the other surface mount components are not loose. Works like a charm! Took me an hour to get it all out of the car and disassembled, 10 minutes to heat up the soldering iron and solder it, then 20 minutes to put it all back into the car. Haven't heard the radio play or been able to use the A/C in 5 years. Dealership said they couldn't fix it, and I would have to buy all new radio/AC console for over $700. I did it myself for free.

20

I touch 2 wires together that ran from the AC controls the radio works fine light signals everything works fine except for the AC controls and the climate dashboard controls what is wrong

I have infiniti g35 2006. Doesn't work radio, dashboard panellight, climat, horn. Work only eject a couple second , can fast to run temperature of condition and after eject doesn't work, need swith off engine and after the same situation. I bought used work radio but problem the same!!!! I don't understand what is going on, both radio working I guess. I think problem with electric somthing like this. I open my radio like above writen but I have another motherboard I don't have resistor r508 and 510. Some body has the same problem??? Help me some body with that:) thx a lot!!! Sorry for my english.

I unhooked neg batt cable for 24 hrs and got back everything no problems for 2 years now